Uncovered balcony (EPIC)

yippiolguis

I got assigned my GTY balcony on EPIC, and is uncovered 9286 so is almost on the back.

I'm not complaining(I know that this can happen with GTY), but is my first time iwith one of this balonies, so:

Has anyone experienced this? Can you give me pros and cons? Is it specially windy on there comparing to regular balconies?

Thank you!

Had the same last summer on Mediterranean cruise. Biggest issue is that you have 8 levels of balconies directly above you looking down on you. In the morning the balcony would be littered with trash, lemon/lime peels, straws, fruit etc. dropped from above. It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't choose it if I had a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had the same last summer on Mediterranean cruise. Biggest issue is that you have 8 levels of balconies directly above you looking down on you. In the morning the balcony would be littered with trash, lemon/lime peels, straws, fruit etc. dropped from above. It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't choose it if I had a choice.

Thank you! The lack of privacy is maybe why I'm trying to find pros of this balcony, but TRASH? really people are that rude? I hope m upper neighbours are more polite, but I would definitely complain about that!

How about the wind?

Seriously?! Fruit and the like I could live with because it biodegrades but straws!! How dumb do you have to be to throw something that harmful to sea life into the ocean? I watched a video online once where some marine biologists found a sea turtle in distress and helped it. Turned out to be a complete straw inside one of it's nostrils! Took them a long time to get it pulled out and the poor creature was in pain and bleeding! I can only wish similar suffering on anyone who would throw something like that into the ocean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seriously?! Fruit and the like I could live with because it biodegrades but straws!! How dumb do you have to be to throw something that harmful to sea life into the ocean? I watched a video online once where some marine biologists found a sea turtle in distress and helped it. Turned out to be a complete straw inside one of it's nostrils! Took them a long time to get it pulled out and the poor creature was in pain and bleeding! I can only wish similar suffering on anyone who would throw something like that into the ocean.

People do stupid things. I've seen glasses being set on balcony railings and tumble over, down a few decks..

Don't assume that the straws were thrown, they could have accidentally blown over the side.