Kayaking in Ketchikan

JP-Cruise

One of the things on my bucket list is to see a whale from a kayak. Does anyone know an excursion where I have the best chance of this happening? So far I know of orcas cove with southeast sea kayaks, and eagle island with southeast exposure

Will your ship be in Icy Strait Point?

Yes it will, I know I saw that they have kayaking excursions there but I chose to do whale watching there in one of the small boats that holds max 6 people. Why, would you say kayaking there is the best?

One of the things on my bucket list is to see a whale from a kayak. Does anyone know an excursion where I have the best chance of this happening? So far I know of orcas cove with southeast sea kayaks, and eagle island with southeast exposure

When we sailed on a Celebrity cruise we booked a ships tour. Unfortunately the kayak whale watching tour was cancelled as we were the only couple to sign up for it. So don't rely on a ships tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we sailed on a Celebrity cruise we booked a ships tour. Unfortunately the kayak whale watching tour was cancelled as we were the only couple to sign up for it. So don't rely on a ships tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for the piece of advice. Ya I didn't book any of my excursions by the cruise ship