Rotterdam Main Deck Aft Cabins- "Secret Balcony?"

ellbelle

Tossing around Voyage of the Vikings in August and really would prefer a balcony, but oh well... We've been on the Volendam and Zaandam in Main Deck aft cabins and both had a door leading to a noisy aft deck with the stairs that go up to the LP. Is there the same door, deck and stairway on the Rotterdam? Specifically looking at cabin 2707 thinking this may help with the walkers above, does this cabin not have a sofa? Two web-sites show different configurations.

I've looked at the deck plans on HAL, another web-site and searched CC and can't seem to find the answer. Reading the sticky above says that the Rotterdam is a bit different than the others in the same class.

Thanks in advance!

Tossing around Voyage of the Vikings in August and really would prefer a balcony, but oh well... We've been on the Volendam and Zaandam in Main Deck aft cabins and both had a door leading to a noisy aft deck with the stairs that go up to the LP. Is there the same door, deck and stairway on the Rotterdam? Specifically looking at cabin 2707 thinking this may help with the walkers above, does this cabin not have a sofa? Two web-sites show different configurations.

I've looked at the deck plans on HAL, another web-site and searched CC and can't seem to find the answer. Reading the sticky above says that the Rotterdam is a bit different than the others in the same class.

Thanks in advance!

Just off the Rotterdam. The cabin should have a sofa. It's indicated on the deck plans. The OV's I saw when we were on board all had sofas.

Can't help you with the door and stairway, though.

What I can tell you is that roll call members had 3404, an H cabin and they loved it. They made it available for the cabin crawl. It is partially obstructed but the only obstruction was the railing of the promenade deck. The had moved the couch to face the window and with the beds separated they had a lot of room.

They were very pleased with that cabin if that is of any help to you.

Just off the Rotterdam. The cabin should have a sofa. It's indicated on the deck plans. The OV's I saw when we were on board all had sofas.

Can't help you with the door and stairway, though.

What I can tell you is that roll call members had 3404, an H cabin and they loved it. They made it available for the cabin crawl. It is partially obstructed but the only obstruction was the railing of the promenade deck. The had moved the couch to face the window and with the beds separated they had a lot of room.

They were very pleased with that cabin if that is of any help to you.

Thank you kazu. I posted on the Rotterdam Roll Call this morning and OlsSalt answered my question. Yes, there is the "secret balcony", NOW what do do....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk