Escape Aft-facing balcony - Deck 15 Noise?

StuckiTribe

We are looking at cruising on the Escape in June 2018 to Bermuda and were wanting to try the aft-facing balcony this cruise since we'll be in port 3 days and will have a beautiful view. We stayed in the 2 bed Haven last time and loved it- on Deck 17 just steps from the pool and lounge areas. I've been reading forums and see that Deck 9 has the largest balcony. I was hoping for Deck 14 because it is adjoining with the balcony next to it, which would be great for our kids, but in reading, I see that Deck 14 has a different floor plan that I wouldn't want (no tub with the big window over-looking the ocean- don't want to miss out on that!) Anyway, they booked us on Deck 15, and I am worried about the noise we might here through the ceiling with the Garden Cafe on Deck 16 right above. Also with Spice2O right above and the Glow party or other parties, I would assume we'll be able to hear it on our balcony, and possibly in our room. I youtubed videos of the different rooms and balcony sizes, but I haven't seen anyone post or ask about the noise on Deck 15. I just saw posts with the order of sizes by deck. We just booked yesterday, but our TA had just placed rooms on hold to check prices, and so we when actually finalize our booking today, I want to change the rooms he has picked. Anyone know if Deck 15 will be noisy?

I see that Deck 14 has a different floor plan that I wouldn't want (no tub with the big window over-looking the ocean- don't want to miss out on that!)

Do you WANT then master bathroom with the tub near the balcony? If yes, decks 11 and 14 on ESCAPE have that setup. On BA/GA, decks 11 and 14 don't have that setup.

As for noise, there will be noise on deck 15. The biggest complaint is really the bass. Closing and sealing the balcony door will stop most of the sound but the bass and vibrations will still be felt.

That's what I was afraid of. Plus with the Garden Cafe directly over, I can imagine the cart rolling, etc noises you might be able to hear. My mom and dad stayed in the Haven courtyard last time and it was the farthest one down the hall toward mid-ship, thinking that would be best and quietest, BUT we didn't think about the ping pong tables being on the other side of the wall (there is a little galley-way between) but you could still hear the ping pong boinging off the walls. So I just want to think of everything before picking a room. I'll re-read the other posts, I must have misread about deck 14. Thank you!

Plus with the Garden Cafe directly over, I can imagine the cart rolling, etc noises you might be able to hear.

In the corners above the H6, the buffet is carpeted so carts shouldn't be a problem. There would still be noise just because it is so busy.

mJa6g27Fi8Q

_6do0jVwgyc

Decks 11 and 14 balconies are about the same size and have the bathroom setup that you prefer.

We had an aft cabin on deck 12 on the Getaway this past March and the bass from Spice H20 was definitely loud late into the night. Sailing the Escape next March and opted to try a B6 large balcony instead for that reason.

Thank you! Two Wheels, I was able to find your review and pics from your stay in 12306, so that's the one I opted for! Now the countdown is on lol.

Just to be clear, 12306 has the 2nd door to the balcony in the master bedroom. The master bathroom does not have a view of the ocean.