NOLA Port Arrival Letter

GulfCoaster

After sailing out of New Orleans a few times we have discovered that the best time to board is as late as possible. Park and check your luggage and then go to The French Quarter for lunch and to wander. Lunch may be free on the ship but does not compare to anything on land. We were almost literally the only passengers in the cruise terminal when we boarded. Highly recommend it.

I received an email for my April 30 cruise out of NOLA stating the terminal would open at 10. We got there around 9:30 (trying to beat a storm and we were platinum) and went right in. There were several people already in the lounge. Our checkin time was 10:30 and not sure if there was one before that.

After sailing out of New Orleans a few times we have discovered that the best time to board is as late as possible. Park and check your luggage and then go to The French Quarter for lunch and to wander. Lunch may be free on the ship but does not compare to anything on land. We were almost literally the only passengers in the cruise terminal when we boarded. Highly recommend it.

I typically try to checkin at 1:30 pm or later....terminal is like a ghost town and from the time I walk into the terminal to the time I am walking up the gangplank, its about 10 mins....so much better than the cattle herds at 10:30 or 11

Thanks all for your help.

The email I got said doors open at 11:00.AM. We are FTTF and the letter stated that FTTF and Priority can arrive anytime after 11:00 AM. Boarding will begin at 12:30. It just seemed late for this particular cruise and I was curious - but all is well - I guess...

Anyway - - Thanks again:)!