Just Booked the Breeze--1st Cruise in 7 Yrs--What's Changed?

globe9

I haven't been on a cruise in 7 yrs opting for other vacation options, but the wife was ready to do absolutely nothing on a vacation but relax, so we thought we'd try a cruise again.

We're booked on the 10/8 sailing on the Breeze. I chose a balcony cabin on Deck 7, cabin 7225 I think. It was almost the only cabin left on that Deck so it's pretty much at the front of the ship. How bad is that going to be? We usually try to book midship to help with feelings of seasickness.

So my last cruise was on the Triumph back in 2010. What's changed? The ships layout looks very similar to how the Conquest was set up in 2004. I guess Carnival sticks with the same design? We picked the Breeze over the Freedom b/c it was newer. Hope we made a good choice.

Also, the wife and I are on low carb diets. I don't think it'll be that hard to stick to the diet, but are any sugar free options offered on buffet/dessert menus?

How are the lunch lines for the Mongolian Grill, BBQ, Burrito place etc?

We're looking forward to this getaway and can't wait to be back on a ship.

We're doing our second cruise on the Breeze this summer. It's my favorite carnival ship so far. They have a new app called the Hub. It has an interactive map of the ship (deck by deck), it tells you what eating places are open, there's schedules of what's going on ship wide, you can check your account balance, and you can sign up for the internet on it and its fairly reasonable too. For just $5 (per device for the entire voyage) you can use a chat feature on the Hub app and text members in your party that have the chat feature. No more guessing where your family is. :D And for $5 a day (the social plan) you can have access to Facebook (and Facebook messenger to send messages back home), twitter, Instagram, etc. For $16 a day (the Value plan) you can surf the internet, check emails, and have access to a wide variety of apps. Then there's the premium plan that promises faster internet speeds for $25 a day.

Another new thing with Carnival is that they assign you a check-in time and won't let you into the terminal until your assigned time to cut down on congestion during embarkation.

Don't worry about being too far forward. We've been forward our last couple of cruises and didn't have a problem. Never noticed movement and slept like a baby. As for sugar free stuff, there are usually sugar free options at the buffet. And yes the lines are long but if you go at off times it's not so bad.

Edited by cruisinqt
clarity

I LOVED the Breeze when I cruised her in 2014. I think you’ll have a great vacation!

Deck 7 is a good location because there are only cabins above and below you. So, it should be pretty quiet. My favorite is deck 8 because it’s a quick climb of the stairs to Lido (no elevator waiting) but deck 7 is fabulous too in my opinion. I never book forward so I can’t comment on the movement.

I’d suggest comparing the 3 ships on carnival’s website(there is a tool to do so) and you’ll see all the things the Breeze has to offer that the other 2 don’t.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships

I suggest studying the Breeze’s deck plan too so you have a general idea of the layout before you cruise. I always do this and it helps me to not waste time figuring out where I am going.

I find the Mongolian Wok to ALWAYS have a long line,especially day 1.The BBQ too. I’ve actually never tried either because of the lines. The Blue Iguana Cantina line usually goes fast and it’s my fave!

Dessert menu at dinner has sugar free options. You can look online for current American Table menus and get an idea. The desserts may or may not be carb free (sugar free cakes vs. Sugar free puddings) depending on the night. Usually they have just 1 sugar free option.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My family and I will be cruising with you as well. It has been 9 years since our last cruise. We got a cove balcony on deck 2 and I reallly want to take the stairs as much as possible (In reality we will see). I am anxious myself if it as I remember.

We were on the Breeze in 2014 and LOVED IT! We usually book forward cabins and have never had an issue with movement. On the Breeze, we were in cabin 10-211. It was (I think) the 2nd cabin from the very front of the ship on the Lido Deck.

The HUB App which someone else mentioned was great! We had a larger group, so it was nice to keep track of each other. Also the Breeze has Ocean Plaza down on deck 5. It's an indoor/outdoor area with plenty of room to sit and grab a drink. We loved this area. Red Frog Pub is also new. You can get Carnival's own micro-brewed beer, play games (electronic shuffleboard table and others), and listen to live music.

The MDR menus are different since you last cruise. It is now the American Table menu. Some people love it, some don't. I personally have not had a bad meal there. You can also do Your Time Dining now instead of having an assigned dining time. With YTD, you can show up to your assigned dining room anytime between the posted dinner times (I think 5:30-9:00 or something like that). You can request to be seated at a table for just your group as well. I've never done YTD as we usually have large group...but for smaller groups and families it's a great option. Feedback is mixed on how long people have to wait to get seated though.

There are also more "for fee" restaurants - Bonsai Sushi, Cucina del Capitano (Italian). And other speciality food options which are included - Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Pig & Anchor BBQ, etc. Room service also has some items which cost a small fee along with the normal free items.

You may have the option to select if you want your cabin cleaned once or twice a day and if only once AM or PM. You can choose twice even though some report that the stewards make it sound like you can only choose one.

When you cruised last, did you ship have Serenity Area - adults only area?? If not, this is the place for relaxation. No running, jumping kids, no loud music or pool games! There are a couple hot tubs in this area and a bar and much nicer lounges including double hammocks, clamshells .

Breeze is a great choice for your first cruise back! Enjoy!