Labadee Snorkel Safari vs Labadee Speedboat and Snorkel

Please provide any reviews on the Snorkeling on Labadee. I have 8 year old boy will the Speed boat and Snorkel will be ok for him. On the excursions mention you should be 10 year old. First time in Labadee, should we take excursions or stay on the beach... thank you

Our experience snorkeling on Labadee was very poor. Hardly could see anything, plus a huge crowd of guests bumping into each other.

I'd pick one of the other ports and do a private snorkel excursion.

We didn't do those, but we did do the kayak excursion and I don't recommend it. All we did was kayak 1/3-1/2 mile down the beach and taken ashore so we could buy local trinkets at a hut on the beach. If I recall, no one in our group bought anything...nothing worth having. RC made money renting out the kayaks and I'm sure they get a kick back for taking passengers into local shops.

Do yourself a favor, stay in the compound, hang out on the beach, so some swimming and eat a good lunch.

If you want a lounge chair or beach umbrella, it's going to cost you.

I'm not sure about your itinerary, I would rank St Thomas, St Maarten or St Kitts as better options as San Juan.

Agree, we've had some excellent snorkeling excursions in St. Thomas.

Just our opinion, best snorkeling experience at Labadee is Snorkel Safari, which you should do if primary interest is just the snorkeling - but, kids might enjoy the speedboat thing more. Snorkeling is not great even on excursions - but OK. Off-beach snorkeling at Labadee is not much.

San Juan is not a good snorkel port, unless you have the time to take a boat out of Fajardo - usually not doable if San Juan is just a one day port of call.