Tampa Westin Harbourside

travelplus

Went onto Hotwire and found the Tampa Westin Harbourside for $167 for the night before our April 2018 Tampa-Amsterdam Cruise. The going rate is $399(perhaps due to spring break).

Any fellow Cruise Critic members stayed here?

I like the fact that they offer a free shuttle within a 2 mile radius and while they have a shuttle at 12:30 to the pier i would much rather arrive early so I will ask them to drop us off at the Channelside shops and walk over.

Also the hotel is near restaurants and I am thinking to go to Jacksons next door unless you have a better option.

The hotel also has an outdoor pool and I requested a harbour view.

Will we be able to see cruiseships pull into the Port from here? Would be cool to see our Brillance pull in around 4:45 AM coming in from the Caribbean.

Is the Westin considered a Cruise Hotel that Royal Caribbean books on their pre and post cruise packages?

Do you think we got a good rate considering other hotel were going for $200 a night?

Thanks

For Spring Break it's a good deal, great location. If you are looking for cheaper the Barrymore is usually a bit less and I think their shuttle goes to the port as well (not 100% on this).

Jackson's is pretty good. My favorite thing there is Sunday Brunch. Channelside doesn't have many great restaurants. Decent, but not amazing. Anise is downtown and really good. Long wait, but worth it. Fantastic drinks.

Walking the river walk is nice, great views. Walk far enough and you'll see the pirate ship. I am not sure about the rest of your questions so I'll let someone else answer [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums