Price Drops

EMBFlyer

We're new to NCL and doing our first cruise on the Escape in November. We're currently booked in a mid-ship balcony. I really want to try The Haven, though! I've been eyeing an H9, Haven Spa Suite. So far, I've noticed the price is slowly coming down. We're planning on bidding on one when/if we get the offer. However, what's the lowest you've seen it come down? Also, can you still take advantage of price drops after you've booked? If the price is right, I'd rather just secure it and know instead of waiting to see if our bid was accepted, but I also don't want to pay too much for it. Thanks.

We're new to NCL and doing our first cruise on the Escape in November. We're currently booked in a mid-ship balcony. I really want to try The Haven, though! I've been eyeing an H9, Haven Spa Suite. So far, I've noticed the price is slowly coming down. We're planning on bidding on one when/if we get the offer. However, what's the lowest you've seen it come down? Also, can you still take advantage of price drops after you've booked? If the price is right, I'd rather just secure it and know instead of waiting to see if our bid was accepted, but I also don't want to pay too much for it. Thanks.

The lowest I have seen a Haven room drop it down to about 2400 or so; it looks like you are booked during Thanksgiving so the prices will run a few hundred or more higher than usual. NCL does not change prices when they drop they will only "rebook" the reservation for you. So if you have already made your final payment and it is past 90 days you are not able to make changes. Hope this helps

Yes, you can take advantage of price drops after you book - up until final payment. However, if you are looking to upgrade after final payment then yes, you can do that also.

We sailed on the Breakaway a few weeks ago and after getting impatient with the bidding, cancelled ours and just paid for the upgrade when the price dropped a little. The lowest the H9 dropped was to $1999 a week before sailing (when I started kicking myself VERY hard for not being more patient:mad:) so our only choice was to move to a Courtyard H5 since NCL were not going to give any OBC that close to sailing. So yes, you can certainly take advantage to drops after booking, and we will probably do the same thing when we book the Epic for next spring, but with a little more patience than this time around!

About two months ago we booked the Breakaway for March 2018. I haven't been checking the price until today. I was shocked...the price had gone down pretty significantly. Saved $1,000 and also picked up $400 in on-board credit. I'm happy!

We've made final payment, but it has been less than 90 days (through a travel agent to boot). If the price dropped, would we be able to "rebook" for an upgrade (even paying the difference, if it wasn't too bad of a jump?)

Also, will will be offered an opportunity to bid even though we used a Travel Agent?

First time cruiser trying to navigate the system if we can!

We've made final payment, but it has been less than 90 days (through a travel agent to boot). If the price dropped, would we be able to "rebook" for an upgrade (even paying the difference, if it wasn't too bad of a jump?)

Also, will will be offered an opportunity to bid even though we used a Travel Agent?

First time cruiser trying to navigate the system if we can!

You should be able to pay for an upgrade if one is available.

Having a travel agent will not prevent you from bidding for an upgrade.

We just bit the bullet today and decided to go ahead and upgrade to an H9. It's coming with a ton of on board credit. After she did my upgrade, my TA emailed me and said I was a bad influence because she just upgraded herself and her husband to an H9 on their upcoming cruise.