TransAtlantic on the Crown Sept 2-17 - Southampton, Shetlands, Iceland, NYC

HawaiiIslandGirl

We did private tours in Iceland with people we met on our Roll Call. We found lots of information on the Port's of Call forums on CC and Tripadvisor.

We went to the Orkney islands, but I got lots of help by calling the local Tourist Board and booked a private tour there too.

If you do your research you will find loads of info.

Hi LondonTowner - I'm going on this cruise too... I was hoping to get other fellow passengers that would be interested in joining private tours. I always done private tours from places that were right at the ports when we walked off ship... Do you know for the Iceland ports if there will be people at the ports that you can pay and go right there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been looking for a westbound T/A this fall but after our spring T/A this year on Crown we won't go on this ship again.

We found the dining poor, the entertainments crew lackluster and generally the worst cruise we have ever been on, and that's out of over 100, 65 on Princess.

Everything was a struggle to get done right from beginning to end , and Princess seemed to treat the T/A as a cost cutting exercise.