Review Scenic Gem 5/20 to 5/30

alexkrn46

Does anyone recall how the ships are docked? As I recall, all the prows were in the same direction. I don't think the captain can dock just any which way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our cruise they always seemed to be pointing upstream.

Don't feel sorry for all of the passengers on the lower deck. My party of 8 chose the lower deck knowing we wouldn't get a view. We also knew that the upper deck passengers wouldn't always have a view when moored due to being rafted or next to the dock. We asked the hotel manager to show us an upper deck cabin since we were considering a future cruise. He showed us an empty cabin and the 5 of us who viewed it agreed that our lower deck cabin was just fine.

That was my 2nd aquarium class cruise.

After our Danube cruise I went downstairs to check out aquarium class and it confirmed my decision to stay upstairs next time.

Different strokes.

I can concur with that, but to just turn the boat around and face the other way, I am sure that wouldn't affect the Harbour Master.

We weren't the only passengers who were upset that we were always facing the dock. I spoke to loads of others who were also on the Starboard side and they said that was one of the complaints that they were putting into the survey which we all filled out before we disembarked for the final time. I felt so sorry for those on the bottom deck as it would have been far worse for them.

ships have to face upstream when docked