Just off Jade, Norwegian Fjords, Any Questions?

We are saving up for this cruise for my 40th in 2020. We may take an inside stateroom in exchange for the arctic sailing. I imagine a lot of people are up early sightseeing.

We had a balcony, so staggered out onto that to enjoy the views. Although it got light very early, there was often low mist on the mountains which didn't burn off until 7 am. It did provide some beautiful sights though, very eerie with the ship sliding almost silently through the fjords, which can be quite narrow. Very little sound but the wake swishing against the banks, otherwise still and peaceful.

I think the coffee machines in the buffet might be operational very early, so you could head up there and take advantage of the big windows. The views from the rear of the promenade deck on Jade were also exceptional, excellent panoramic view of the mountains on both sides. Have fun!

Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions after your experience. How about the crew any favorites? Did you visit the gym and if so is the equipment new?

Sailing her in September for the Path of the Vikings - Southampton to NY and I am so excited!!!!

I have done the fjords cruise and it was fabulous on RCCL. Oslo was expensive, but the people were lovely!

Cheers!

Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions after your experience. How about the crew any favorites? Did you visit the gym and if so is the equipment new?

Cheers!

Sorry, can't comment on the gym. I stuck my head in for a look see, there seemed to be plenty of machines and not all in use, but didn't explore further. I tend to get enough exercise taking the stairs and walking round the decks!

Didn't interact much with any crew, apart from our cabin steward Jamie, who was friendly, efficient and looked after us well. We are pretty low maintenance!

I'll be on the July 30 with my 4 year-old and husband. Do they do the laundry bag? Our cruise is part of a 3-week trip, so things will have to be washed!

Thanks!

I think we were offered a bag for laundry at some stage during the week, can't remember how much it was. We were only on an 8 day cruise and just two of us, actually brought more clothes than I needed as usual, so I didn't need to use the offer, so didn't take much notice. Sorry I can't be more helpful on that.

There was a washing line in the shower. I had taken some pegs, and had to use it to dry our raincoats one day.

We are sailing on June 22 to the North Cape. Did NCL have a Naturalist or Port Lecturer on board? What were the temperatures? Thank you for your reviews

I will be on this sailing as well with my two granddaughters. Wish I knew what the weather will be.

I will be on this sailing as well with my two granddaughters. Wish I knew what the weather will be.

Not as hot as Florida! Although we have had similar weather in Florida in December as we have had in Norway in May!

You will have very long days and very short nights. Be prepared for anything, layers are good for shore trips, might be cloudy and drizzly, but once the cloud burns off, you could be in short sleeves, and carrying your jacket.

Take something light and waterproof and good walking shoes. I was sitting in the sun on a mountainside one day, in a tee shirt and glad I had brought sunblock, the previous day in a lightweight down jacket and hiding under an umbrella.