Weddings on Grandeur of the Seas

We were on the May 13th cruise and they had a wedding on board before we sailed then about 35 of the guest stayed on board for the cruise. Didn't know you could do that but apparently you can.

We were on the May 13th cruise and they had a wedding on board before we sailed then about 35 of the guest stayed on board for the cruise. Didn't know you could do that but apparently you can.

Our daughter got married on the second day of the cruise, while at sea. We had around 50 people on the cruise.

Just off the Grandeur yesterday and while I did not attend, there was a wedding on that sailing. They held the wedding in the South Pacific Room, which is all the way aft. It would be a lovely setting for a wedding. Sorry...no more information than that....

Our daughter got married on the second day of the cruise, while at sea. We had around 50 people on the cruise.

Thanks. My daughter is planning am embarkation day wedding and I am curious as to how smoothly (or not) things went.

Thanks. My daughter is planning am embarkation day wedding and I am curious as to how smoothly (or not) things went.

I assume you are having a reception on the ship. Maybe photos too? There is usually a 3rd party contractor involved with selecting and planning all the options. For us it was called Royal Romance. We did not have a good experience with Royal Romance. They were difficult to contact, sometimes taking over a week to return calls and emails. In the end they did not communicate accurately with the people on board the ship, so some plans were missed.

If you are dealing with some 3rd party contractor, I'd do everything I could to get contact info for the people on the ship so you can double check yourself that you and the ship are on the same page.

I assume you are having a reception on the ship. Maybe photos too? There is usually a 3rd party contractor involved with selecting and planning all the options. For us it was called Royal Romance. We did not have a good experience with Royal Romance. They were difficult to contact, sometimes taking over a week to return calls and emails. In the end they did not communicate accurately with the people on board the ship, so some plans were missed.

If you are dealing with some 3rd party contractor, I'd do everything I could to get contact info for the people on the ship so you can double check yourself that you and the ship are on the same page.

Thank you for this info. It is very helpful. She is having ceremony, reception, photographer etc. coordinted thru the contracted party. We are assigned to Royal Connections. So far responses have been adequate. If you had alcohol service, did you find the servers adequate? We were advised there would be bar service but no actual bar in the venue location. So servers would take orders from guests and then return. Were you satisfied with any flowers for which you may have contracted? And did you have your own officiate or use one provided by Royal. I was wondering how the ceremony is actually coordinated with the officiate. ~ Thanks.

Edited by terpmom
Error

Thank you for this info. It is very helpful. She is having ceremony, reception, photographer etc. coordinted thru the contracted party. We are assigned to Royal Connections. So far responses have been adequate. If you had alcohol service, did you find the servers adequate? We were advised there would be bar service but no actual bar in the venue location. So servers would take orders from guests and then return. Were you satisfied with any flowers for which you may have contracted? And did you have your own officiate or use one provided by Royal. I was wondering how the ceremony is actually coordinated with the officiate. ~ Thanks.

We had the reception in Viking Crown, so there was a bar there. Bar service was excellent, no complaints at all. Don't recall any issues with flowers. Since we were at sea, the Captain officiated, so no problem with coordination.