What is the best RCI ship for teens?

DKB1670

i am 16 and my cousin is 17. We went on a celebrity cruise last month and there were 7 teeenagers on board. We had fun but we found ourselved bored quite often at night. which RCI ship has the best teen activities (mostly night is what we are looking for). Thanks for any of you opinions!

Navigator of the Seas hands down is the best for teens.

They have the biggest teen area I've ever seen on the ship and tons of great places to hang out with your friends.

Actually the Navigator or the Mariner of the Seas. Both have the same teen areas.

We have sailed all of the Voyager class ships over the years with our grandchildren. two are now 17, two 14 and one just 2 years old.

The teen center on the Navigator and Mariner (identical ships) are the best of all the Voyager class ships, as the teen center was enlarged when they built the Navigator and the Mariner of the Seas. They have a huge indoor and outdoor area, dedicated to teens, and my grandsons love it. They don't have the structured activities that the younger children have, but it's a great place for the kids to hang out with some supervision. They have this large coke/juice bar and a DJ with a big dance floor. I sneaked in there one day, and was promptly told by a counselor that it was off limits to adults. It's a great place for the kids to meet their peers.

I highly recommend those two ships for teen activities, they'll love it!

Ginnie

Another recommendation is the new Freedom of the Seas that will be out next year. There are going to be the same great teen areas that are on Mariner & Voyager but also an expanded rock climbing wall and the Flowrider, which is a "surf" area (you might have seen the new commercial lately on tv.) Check it out at freedomoftheseas.com

thinking of taking our 17 year old son with mom and dad but am afraid he may get bored. what is there to do in the teen center? what about other things to do on the ship? we have only done 1 cruise and that was along time ago. we're thinking of going over spring break.

The teen center offers a place to just hang out, or play video games, table games, watch movies or use the computer. At night there is a teen only disco with a soft drink bar.

Open to everyone are two main pools, a mini golf course, a big game room with arcade type games, a rock climbing wall, a basketball / vollyball court, a card room where you can play cards or table games, an ice skating rink and places to sit and people watch or just watch the world go by.

Take a look at the link to the photos in the post two prior to this one. I forgot to add that by clicking on the picture it becomes bigger.

I don't think your 17 year old will get bored on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Archived