Mariner, Navigator balcony question...

Rowtyd

Which balcony cabins, other than aft cabins, on Mariner or Navigator, have the largest balconies due to their unusual location? I suspect it would be on the hump but I have seen these ships in port and have noticed a few balcony cabins to have a slightly larger balcony due to their location. Does anyone know which cabins would provide the extra balcony as a bonus for the buck?

Here is the deck plan for the Navigator.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=07&shipCode=NV&shipProfile=1084&sailDate=1051126&hasNavigation=false

The two ships are alike as far as these two decks.

Scroll down to the hump of the ship. The cabins on the very beginning and end of the humps have the largest balconies. The cabins in the middle are the same average size.

They would be:

Deck 7, cabin #'s

7610, 7628

7612, 7626, slightly larger

7310, 7328

7312, 7326, slightly larger

Deck 8, cabin #'s

8610, 8628

8612, 8626, slightly larger

8310, 8628

8312, 8626, slightly larger

There are more hump cabins on other decks that you can check out too.

Hey Miss Mousy....how is my Brilliance Buddy??

Guess what I found out about those hump balconies!!! We had one on Deck nine last year (9628 JS) on Mariner. The extra room you see, at least in our JS, was inside rather than outside...in other words the room has a dormer type jut out inside. The draperies hang like any other cabin but beyond that the floor continues into an alcove (or dormer) then you have the window. I was kind of bummed since the inside space was pretty useless (unless you need to store luggage) and no extra room on the balcony. I don't know why they don't show it on the deck plans...I picked that room not only for location and being a floor down from our kids but for the extra balcony...oh well, live and learn. Where is your cabin on your BtoB-maybe some are different but I think it has to do with the newer balcony configs on the newer MOS and NOS. Hope this helps someone not be so surprised.

Hope you guys had a good Turkey Day...all is well here. Love, Deb

Miss Mousy here and I am doing fine. Our Thanksgiving was spent with family here and it was great. I hope you had the same.

Getting used to the bitter cold of New York again is keeping me busy. In the teens at night and windy and some snow. YUK! Good thing the mouse is already blue in color because in this weather he would have turned blue from the cold.

Bummer on your cabin balcony. I would have been upset too. We have Deck 8, middle of the hump 8320 for both weeks. That is a normal size balcony in an E1. We had that location on the Brilliance and really loved it.

Donna, Bonnie, Keith and Carrie are off on the Mariner this weekend for I think two weeks. Vicki's Marc is home after heart surgery and recuperating nicely. I saw her post to a question on here so that is a great sign.

Please say "Hi" to Bill and I still hope that someday we can all do that reunion cruise on the Brilliance. Or, any other ship is good too. :D

Love Pat and Wally say's "Hi"

Guess what I found out about those hump balconies!!! We had one on Deck nine last year (9628 JS) on Mariner. The extra room you see, at least in our JS, was inside rather than outside...in other words the room has a dormer type jut out inside. The draperies hang like any other cabin but beyond that the floor continues into an alcove (or dormer) then you have the window. I was kind of bummed since the inside space was pretty useless (unless you need to store luggage) and no extra room on the balcony. I don't know why they don't show it on the deck plans...I picked that room not only for location and being a floor down from our kids but for the extra balcony...oh well, live and learn. Where is your cabin on your BtoB-maybe some are different but I think it has to do with the newer balcony configs on the newer MOS and NOS. Hope this helps someone not be so surprised.

Is this a standard for all hump balconies or is it limited to JS category only, or possibly only this cabin? Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this a standard for all hump balconies or is it limited to JS category only, or possibly only this cabin? Has anyone else experienced this?

Try a posting for anyone who has stayed in just these cabins on the Mariner or the Navigator. I have never heard of that before now with the regular category cabins. I didn't know about suites on 9 until now from Deb's posting.

Deck 7

7612, 7626

7312, 7326

Deck 8

8612, 8626

8312, 8626

I would like to know myself!! I do remember standing on the top deck of Rhapsody and looking just slightly down onto Mariner's cabin decks while we were parked adjacent to her in ??(can't remember). I was interested in how our future cabin's balconies looked, particularly 1610(Cat D) since it is adjacent to the Royal Suite (Sis and hubby were booked there.) At that time we were booked on the other side so I did not pay attention to deck nine but, I said all that to say that I did notice the jut outs on several rooms on the hump....didn't realize what it was.... I just noted to myself that there was room inside the window/doors before the curtains started. I forgot about it until we walked into our cabin on Mariner and thought Oh, OK, thats what I was seeing. So......I do believe that more cabins have these but we need to hear from other folks to determine which cabins they are. If no one answers this, someone needs to post a dedicated thread about it!

So folks, someone solve the mystery!

Archived