Leaving from Texas or miami

Hi. I want to do western Caribbean. Thinking of back to back adventure of the seas from Galveston (as 7 days is not enough!) or back to back with southern itinerary in navigator from Miami. Or 7 day western on regal princess (as princess have an extra port in 7 days over RC) from ft Lauderdale.

Anyone have recommendations?

Couple (leaving kids behind) looking for tropical beach adventure and relaxation.

Hi. I want to do western Caribbean. Thinking of back to back adventure of the seas from Galveston (as 7 days is not enough!) or back to back with southern itinerary in navigator from Miami. Or 7 day western on regal princess (as princess have an extra port in 7 days over RC) from ft Lauderdale.

Anyone have recommendations?

Couple (leaving kids behind) looking for tropical beach adventure and relaxation.

We live in Texas and could drive to the port in Galveston so naturally I search Texas departures first to save on airfare. However, there are WAY more options when leaving from Florida. Almost all the major cruise lines and all the big nice fancy ships sail from Florida. I'm told the port is bigger so bigger ships can get in and out versus Galveston's port. Additionally the itineraries from Florida just overall appear to have more options (Western, Eastern, Southern). If I were you and you're weighing both ports as an equal option, I'd choose a Florida departure. Have fun! Two week b2b sounds amazing. Maybe even look into a departure out of Florida and see if your second leg can pick up in San Juan. Royal has a beautiful Eastern itinerary on Oasis and a really nice southern itinerary out of San Juan on Liberty I believe??? Happy planning and happy sailing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I feel like leaving from Texas I get more ports to visit. I want to see more of Mexico side. Having never been to either, it seems like there would be more to see going to Cozumel twice over labadee twice.

And if I'm comparing with the more ports on the 7 day princess..... the liberty is bigger than the regal too

I'm looking at November 17 to February 18

I guess I feel like leaving from Texas I get more ports to visit. I want to see more of Mexico side. Having never been to either, it seems like there would be more to see going to Cozumel twice over labadee twice.

And if I'm comparing with the more ports on the 7 day princess..... the liberty is bigger than the regal too

I'm looking at November 17 to February 18

Ok. That makes sense. I've been to the Mexico side a lot and am more excited about seeing more of the eastern and southern Caribbean. I should've asked specifics but that makes sense.

The good news is cruising in early November and December (or anytime kids are in school) will give you the opportunity for some GREAT deals on cruises!! I ALWAYS see really great fares and itineraries during those times you're looking to travel.

I've cruised out of Texas twice and have a couple more cruises booked to leave from Texas since it's driving distance. I definitely think it's a great port. I just wish more cruise lines went out of Galveston and there were more itinerary options. However I understand you've got to sail farther so it's a longer cruise and I can't take that much time off work. Keep us posted on what you decide. That's a fun dilemma to solve. Regardless of what you choose it'll be fabulous because after all, what vacation isn't? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is November good weather wise....was unsure if I should wait till feb..... ether way school will be in

And I thought I'd have to fly to Dallas..... then I realized Houston is way closer!! And air New Zealand is cheap to there

In November water is warmer. Southern Caribbeans are more exotic than Western. More beautiful, great landscapes, better beaches, more palms and rainforests.

Many more choices out of Florida. Celebrity and HAL offer great 10-14 days itins.

Thankyou so much!! Seems I might be back to the drawing board!! I've always wanted to do southern too. Some I've seen only do 2 out of the 3 ABC islands...... which order would you put them in?

Maybe I could do a southern itinerary and then stay a few nights in Cancun on the way home?