Seattle debarkation and 1:35 flight, go see downtown or straight to airport?

ozziebound

We have a 1:35 flight after getting off the solstice.

Looking for opinions: better to go straight to seatac and hang out in a lounge or hang out downtown for a bit (we'll have our luggage sent with the new port free service)?

Thnsks!

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would make sure to check in at least 2 hours before takeoff. Actually, Seattle security is the slowest we've experienced in the last few years. Lines are really big, depending on time of day, day of the week, et cet, and security has been heightened recently as well.

If you have TSA precheck you might get through security sooner, but I would allow at least a half-hour for security.

My friend waited yesterday for 45 mins and she did not have precheck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The longest wait I've had at PreCheck at Seattle was 3 minutes. Shortest start to finish - 45 seconds and most of that was getting me checked against passport photo. Literally walked through as fast as the carry-on scanner belt and never stopped moving.

depends on day IMO as I've been stuck in traffic to SEA a few times. that said you could do a quick visit to the market and the original Starbucks, stop at Frans for chocolates and then get a taxi or light rail from there if you get off by 8am. you won't have time for underground tour or Chihuly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would make sure to check in at least 2 hours before takeoff. Actually, Seattle security is the slowest we've experienced in the last few years. Lines are really big, depending on time of day, day of the week, et cet, and security has been heightened recently as well.

If you have TSA precheck you might get through security sooner, but I would allow at least a half-hour for security.

My friend waited yesterday for 45 mins and she did not have precheck.

Like Sequim88, we have never had to wait longer than ten minutes to get through security with pre-check.

downtown to Airport on light rail is 42 minutes. UberX is a bit shorter unless the departure drive is plugged, then it's a lot longer. If the departure drive is a mess, either use arrivals or go into the parking lot - $5 will cover the in-and-out from parking on Level 4.

I should make this next part a macro:

Security at SEA with PreCheck is painless if you are all pretty mobile. All concourses are connected post-security, so start at the checkpoint nearest you and if it's backlogged, ask one of the roving TSA people or airport line control staff which ones are better. I've flown on VERY high demand days and never had more than 12 minutes in queue. I generally have the best luck at Checkpoint 2.

Without luggage to check and with Pre, I like to hit the sidewalk about 50 minutes prior to my flight.

Thanks everyone

Good suggestions

We do have access to centurion and alaska lounges!

We're going to see pike place the morning we embark so I'd like to see downtown a bit on the last day

Like Sequim88, we have never had to wait longer than ten minutes to get through security with pre-check.

That is good to hear, because we didn't have pre check, and it was very bad crowds on Sunday and Sat mornings, so it easily took a half hour the first time and about the same the next.

OTOH, we usually breeze through everywhere else.

Tangential to the original ask: if you end up with time for a Lounge stop, my money is on Centurion, unless, like me, you cannot resist the siren song of the robot pancake machine in the Alaska Lounge in the morning. The Centurion Lounge is newly expanded from a Centurion Studio and has a much better food program than Alaska.

Depending on your date of travel the new Concourse C Alaska Lounge may have opened. You might want to keep an eye on the Alaska forum at FlyerTalk for updated info.

If your access to Alaska is via Priority Pass membership, know that they've been restricting PP entry once the clubs are moderately full. This might factor into your planning.

Thanks vibeguy

I've heard great things about the newly expanded centurion lounge at seatac!

And yes I've read about restrictions ok PP entry to alaska lounges