Baby formula, etc.

Yellowlily

What's the best way to prepare formula in the cabin? Is the water they bring okay or shall I just order a huge bottle of water? We'll be flying, so I don't know if packing it would be of help. I'm sure just getting it from the ship would be the best bet, just wanted some ideas on this. Also, where can I get one of those inflatable tubs to bathe my infant in - Wal*Mart?? What do they look like? Also, why do people seem to hate bringing their strollers with them? Ours is a Graco and you can collaspe it in one move - one hand. I'm guessing bulk, don't know. Thanks for answers to my ?s and if you have any other advice or tips for traveling with an infant (6 mo), that would be great!

What's the best way to prepare formula in the cabin? Is the water they bring okay or shall I just order a huge bottle of water? We'll be flying, so I don't know if packing it would be of help. I'm sure just getting it from the ship would be the best bet, just wanted some ideas on this. Also, where can I get one of those inflatable tubs to bathe my infant in - Wal*Mart?? What do they look like? Also, why do people seem to hate bringing their strollers with them? Ours is a Graco and you can collaspe it in one move - one hand. I'm guessing bulk, don't know. Thanks for answers to my ?s and if you have any other advice or tips for traveling with an infant (6 mo), that would be great!

to answer some of your questions. As far as formula might just want to bring a few galloons of spring water with you. You can just buy a case of it and check the box, or just buy the ready to feed formula that might be better. The refridgerators on the ship aren't very cold so if you need to keep the formula cold I would suggest buying a rolling cooler and have the room attendent keep it full of ice. As far as inflatable tubs toys r us has them here is the link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/542418/ref=br_bx_c_2_0/104-8182227-8840701 . I don't see any problems with your stroller. I think if you had a double stroller it might be tricky but a standard one would work out great for you.

I brought ready to feed cans. A word of advice. Always take your stroller. It is a necessity for babies and toddlers. If your stroller is too bulky get one at a yard sale. I got a Graco for $5 It was in perfect shape. It will do for the length of the trip. Also, it's a great thing to use as a carrier for your carryons while going through the airport. One time we had such a long walk in the airport that we carried the baby and put everything in the stroller! You will take the stroller to the jetway and then gate check it. It will be waiting for you when you get off the plane. Ours was always at the jetway when we got off.

Yellowlily: 2nd try, hopefully this will post!

You have received some great tips from the above posters. We have cruised with our GS (now 2) since he was 6 mo. His 1st cruise @ 6 mo, he drank ready to drink formula as his pediatrician was afraid he might not like the taste of 'strange' water in his formula. On his 2nd cruise (he was 18 mo), he drank powder formula made from bottled water and was fine. As Host Jacquelyn said, you won't even have to heat the formula this way.

As for the stroller, Tommy's Mommy is right, you will definately want to take it with you. It is great for the airports, transporting, walks, etc, as well as naps! Enjoy your cruise with your baby as we have with our GS (he currently has 4 cruises under his belt!).

Bruce

Archived