Warning for Those Disembarking in Copenhagen

As I understand they only have a shuttle to the port and not from the port.

It goes from Crowne Plaza, AC Hotel Bella Sky and out to the airport.

Perhaps it makes a stop at Marriott but don't hang me up on that on.

A few news for the new cruise season.

New taxi regulations will mean that there will be more taxis at the peak hours (mostly Monday to Friday mornings)

The new tunnel out to the motorway opens this Sunday so it hopefully means that traffic out off the port will be better distributed.

As digging of the new metro lines is done it also means less trucks out to the landfill next to the cruise port.

And I must add as I have been reporting in the Copenhagen thread.

When flying in/out of EU/Schengen now all passports will be checked in a machine and that takes aprox 30 seconds for each passport.

That doesn't sound like alot but add 600 passengers on the 380 to Dubai, 5-6 airplanes to the UK, Russia or Turkey etc with 150-200 passengers each and probably 3-4 intercontinental flights with 350 passengers each in a few hours time then its alot of passengers that has to have their passport checked.

Before this procedure started they feared that the waiting time would be over 30 minutes, but so far it has worked fine.

But the real test will be next summer where alot of people travel to destinations outside Europe and alot of tourist comes to Copenhagen, that doesn't happen as much in this part of the the year.

So to be on the safe side I would probably plan to be at the passport control 1 hour before final boarding time.

If you have to check in your luggage then add 1 hour for that and security check.

The worst thing that could happen is that you spend some money in the Royal Copenhagen or the Lego store. :-)

Luckily the expanded security check opens in a months time so waiting time there should not be the problem.

As I recall it has been expanded from 16 to 24 lanes and the waiting area has been widened so its more spacious if a long line should happen.