Jewel Minisuites - Noise from Deck 12?

BostonGal35

Just got my Upgrade disAdvantage email last night.

Because we are in a window (in an awesome location, carefully picked as always) we can only bid on Balconies and Minisuites.

the minisuites appear to all be on Deck 11 which could have us under a variety of public places such as the pool deck, garden buffet, etc. i normally avoid booking under this deck to avoid any clunking/noise/chair scraping, etc.

can anyone comment on these minisuites in terms of noise levels from above?

Don't do it. That's my advice.

Many of those mini suites are fine, but if you are putting yourself in a situation where you will be allocated one then there is a good chance that it will be under somewhere noisy.

It's not just the pool or garden cafe that could be a problem. The main comments I've heard about these rooms is from people below the fitness centre.

There isn't a massive difference between the balconies and mini suites. Go for a balcony and don't risk a badly positioned mini suite.

That's what I keep hearing also. We have a balcony sandwiched between floors with cabins. The mini suites are right below the Garden cafe. We had some friends upgraded to a mini suite last year and they said all they heard was chairs moving across the floor throughout the night, but heavily in the very early hours of the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

this is exactly what i suspected and why we never book under that deck.

thanks! we'll just bid on a balcony.... and we're lowballing anyway so we may just stay where we are.

Some of the balconies in a mini suite are larger (I've heard not all though). My husband and I agree, we are in our room to get ready and SLEEP, we love the balcony, but if we want larger there is always an entire ship. Peaceful sleep is more important.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yeah, we rarely use the balcony. i like it to be able to get fresh air at night (we sleep with door open or at least cracked). but in Alaska, it will probably be too cold to do this (we froze our butts off last year!).

We were on Jewel Panama Canal cruise in November 2016 and enjoyed our mini-suite on Deck 11 aft. We were under a restaurant but never heard a thing. Also right next to elevators and also never heard elevator noise. We are doing Australia this Dec. and have booked the same mini suite!