Meraviglia Reviews?

martin4356111

It's not my review, but here it is:

MSC MERAVIGLIA 'WONDER' BY NAME AND WONDER IN ACTION.

The ship's first voyage from Le Havre France to Genoa Italy June 2017. The ship is big and beautiful the interior and exterior spaces are fabulous the 90m promenade and dome is awesome prepare to be amazed!

Dining venues are very good throughout with lots of very helpful staff and a food selection which is excellent.

We elected to sail in a Fantastica Balcony cabin the cabin was very large with a great sized bed and a convertible couch the shower facilities were very good however there is not enough storage space for our needs and the clothes hangers are too big for the wardrobe and tend to knock on the door if the ship moves in the night, the answer is to turn the hangers away from the doors. The ship sailed without balcony furniture supposedly for safety concerns during manufacturing and we were given an on-board credit to compensate.

The activities available are again excellent.

The only port not visited before by us was Vigo Spain, a beautiful and very walk-able town.

We took an overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre and were able to walk quite easily to the Cruise Terminal. Embarkation at Le Havre was disorganised although being early seemed to help - our luggage was delivered to our cabin very quickly. Disembarkation in Genoa was excellent and we were on our way to Genoa Airport again very quickly. At the airport we were invited to take advantage of the MSC Terrace, a quiet oasis in the sun, above the very busy check-in area below. We would recommend you use this facility if at all possible.

Overall this was a most wonderful cruise and we have already booked cruises on MSC Seaside and MSC Seaview.

thanks for posting this for all of us.

It's not my review, but here it is:

MSC MERAVIGLIA 'WONDER' BY NAME AND WONDER IN ACTION.

The ship's first voyage from Le Havre France to Genoa Italy June 2017. The ship is big and beautiful the interior and exterior spaces are fabulous the 90m promenade and dome is awesome prepare to be amazed!

Dining venues are very good throughout with lots of very helpful staff and a food selection which is excellent.

We elected to sail in a Fantastica Balcony cabin the cabin was very large with a great sized bed and a convertible couch the shower facilities were very good however there is not enough storage space for our needs and the clothes hangers are too big for the wardrobe and tend to knock on the door if the ship moves in the night, the answer is to turn the hangers away from the doors. The ship sailed without balcony furniture supposedly for safety concerns during manufacturing and we were given an on-board credit to compensate.

The activities available are again excellent.

The only port not visited before by us was Vigo Spain, a beautiful and very walk-able town.

We took an overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre and were able to walk quite easily to the Cruise Terminal. Embarkation at Le Havre was disorganised although being early seemed to help - our luggage was delivered to our cabin very quickly. Disembarkation in Genoa was excellent and we were on our way to Genoa Airport again very quickly. At the airport we were invited to take advantage of the MSC Terrace, a quiet oasis in the sun, above the very busy check-in area below. We would recommend you use this facility if at all possible.

Overall this was a most wonderful cruise and we have already booked cruises on MSC Seaside and MSC Seaview.

Hopefully there will be more reviews soon now that actual passengers are sailing on her instead of travel agents etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I must have missed the travel agent reviews. Are they on the forum? I'm looking forward to reading how others feel about the ship. I'll be sharing my own views when I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I must have missed the travel agent reviews. Are they on the forum? I'm looking forward to reading how others feel about the ship. I'll be sharing my own views when I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These reviews are on another cruise website - someone was in YC for the inaugural & then a normal balcony for another week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've read some reviews, but are basically focused on the bad than on the good: queues for flexible dinner, queues for disembark.... Now, flexible dinner has been changed to classic. We expect that disembark issues will be fixed soon. But... maybe next cruise I try YC lol

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

I've read some reviews, but are basically focused on the bad than on the good: queues for flexible dinner, queues for disembark.... Now, flexible dinner has been changed to classic. We expect that disembark issues will be fixed soon. But... maybe next cruise I try YC lol

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

We are so glad we are in YC. If we ever do Meraviglia again we will only go YC! Having everything centre around the Galleria area is a nightmare at times. One of the servers told me that they had to serve 4000 passengers within 2 bars. She ended up having a sick day the following day from the stress!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

No wonder. This is how the Gallería looked past friday, crowded with people wanting to disembark in Barcelona

We are so glad we are in YC. If we ever do Meraviglia again we will only go YC! Having everything centre around the Galleria area is a nightmare at times. One of the servers told me that they had to serve 4000 passengers within 2 bars. She ended up having a sick day the following day from the stress!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

24e07567ee9c59757eb4faef73e20b6b.jpg

I'm not allowed to post links here to other reviews, on other sites. Howeverif you Google 'Meraviglia Review' you will find some.

One in particular review (second google link) suggests MSC have got their 'hardware' right with Meraviglia, but not all aspects of their'software' - the on-board services.

In particular, MSC have not got the organization and 'crowd control' right on this ship yet.:')