Transferring a booking to a TA

Quick question, do I lose the ability to do anything if I transfer my booking to a TA? Such as using the cruise planner on RC website to add packages and such?

Is there any potential downside?

Quick question, do I lose the ability to do anything if I transfer my booking to a TA? Such as using the cruise planner on RC website to add packages and such?

You would lose 24-hour access (unless your TA provides that) to customer service, to do things like change staterooms, get price drops, cancel the cruise, make payments, change dining type, etc.

Not sure if this applies in US but in UK ...

Negative

+++++++

Often required to pay full amount earlier than if booking direct with RCCL. Plus you are required to go through the travel agent for alterations, queries etc. Sometimes travel agent might make additional charges.

Positive

++++++

TA are known to offer an additional discount, OBC or some other perk. Even got a Christmas hamper once.

I don't find RCCL customer service that helpful or knowledgeable so tend to stick with TA I know and trust to go the extra mile.