Just back from Harmony

Just returned today from Harmony of the Seas. Thought I'd share a few of my thoughts. Overall, cruise was fantastic. Ate at Chops, Jaimes Italian, wonderland, Izumi hibachi. Loved all but Wonderland, but only because not an adventurous eater. Decided to go for the atmosphere, which did not disappoint. Was disappointed with food in MDR. Swam with sea lions at Atlantis in Nassau and again in St Thomas. Just shopped in St Kitts. Saw all of the shows, which were amazing. Spent many evenings at schooner bar listening to piano music. The piano guy there was fantastic.

We had a balcony cabin booked but when arrived we had been upgraded to a junior suite. Pretty exciting actually. First time to upgraded for us. We did use royal iq. Easy to use and convenient. I thought the shows were the must do experiences. Columbus, Grease, were great shows.

So...it was an upgrade (no additional cost, and you get the better room) and not an upsell (where you get the bigger room for more money)...correct? If it was an upgrade, how did you score it? Was the location all right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a balcony cabin booked but when arrived we had been upgraded to a junior suite. Pretty exciting actually. First time to upgraded for us. We did use royal iq. Easy to use and convenient. I thought the shows were the must do experiences. Columbus, Grease, were great shows.

That's great! I'm looking forward to the shows so that makes me happy!

A true upgrade. I think it was luck of the draw. We are diamond members. 120 cruise points prior to this trip. Spoke with a couple who have 165 cruise Points and they were in a balcony room and did not get upgrade. Must be random. As for the solarium, no pool. Hot tubs just outside the entrance. Life guards are present at all of the pools

Did you go to Serenity - the Adult only area? Does Harmony have a pool in this area or only Hot Tubs? Also, do they have life guards?

THanks!

One odd point after sailing the Oasis, Allure and the Harmony, the two large hot tubs on the Oasis and Allure were adults only. The tubs on the Harmony allowed kids, some so young they were wearing small life jackets. That, along with the lack of the Solarium "pool" was disappointing. The Solarium on the Harmony also has a small forward lower deck that here sister ships do not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just returned today from Harmony of the Seas. Thought I'd share a few of my thoughts. Spent many evenings at schooner bar listening to piano music. The piano guy there was fantastic.

Do you happen to remember the piano guy's name?

Did they schedule Trivia games there during your cruise?

There were trivia games almost every day when we sailed on the Harmony this past April. We also thought all the shows were good including both ice shows. Despite being on a sailing with over 2000 children it didn't seem terribly noisy and the children were well-behaved during the shows we attended.

We never ate in the MDR at all; thought the Windjammer was well-organized (supremely better than some other shipboard buffets we have experienced) but we ate mostly in specialties or in Coastal Kitchen.