Shore Excursion charges

OK..this is probably going to be a stupid question, but I need to know before I actually book our shore excursions. Does RCCI actually charge the card on file when the excursions are booked, or when we get on board? Some of us are using cards that we need to load some money on and we haven't actually done it yet.:confused:

OK..this is probably going to be a stupid question, but I need to know before I actually book our shore excursions. Does RCCI actually charge the card on file when the excursions are booked, or when we get on board? Some of us are using cards that we need to load some money on and we haven't actually done it yet.:confused:

Unless you use on board credit for the excursion, the credit card is charged when you book the excursion.

Some excursions do sell out.

I would like to 2nd the comment above and depending on the ship you may have to wait to a very long line if you wait until your board. It is much easier to purchase the excursions as soon as you can. Also some excursions you get to choose the time (morning vs afternoon) you may have fewer options if your wait to board.

Thanks. That's what I thought...but just wanted to be sure. Guess we better book the excursions onboard. There are 6 of us...so want to be sure to get them together.

It seems smarter to book the excursions for those who have the money now and then when you get on board book the others. If you can't get into the same excursion on board, you can cancel the reservations that are already confirmed.