Review - Carnival Splendor Southern Caribbean June 10 - 18, 2017- Lots of Pics

cojuqui

CRV5pMKFoAyIq6RIxBuBpSAKvwvkN4tX_MKusuH5nH2ymvn0panehx_3KEun0v1eRVWa1QXa6xMbA9-lMQ8lY_0TthQnsHn46bR22KPllMXJjp4FMKAjjrAoS0cTh2iLuxo2550y

pNqRBXmULitXnYuQqtEUI66lGo1V5ZlVMkq6DNyCbSWdvXpFAcxIuRmMMmTAan9FR7oKqZJQDVOsW3L_ekER86i-R6FVPmgt9hI87a2TTV61cnimedellcY133jKs-Mp92N1-kcD

-2rI1ZuleHilgTNi79NIUHnrYlmh5_e8ggJbjRVW0lvFF5pi6cnDsQlD88hqlfuQJNZsQe99Xv2VRfPqpCRJkPvRj4Xlc8_-0pfSLsL93CZjQyq5MwIcgVv5sZTi_vOm2hCbYwUB

After the show we ended the night with some time in the Deck 9 Aft Jacuzzi and then when it started raining, in one Deck 10 Midship. It was relaxing while sipping a Cruiser, the drink of the day.

keT3Lj8ssxDZ7pxIZNzCp8qqtAM7nI39EDDSTQgaVm48B_LxAdJ4bPu3Lu4G-hscfu_GbuELjlfHt4XRp2KS2DYz4qJBetWnqzQHeVIcM8KoZXD2RLhO4yHmNnuW9J75YYWleahq

We called it a night and knew that the next day would be our last day at sea.

I didn't get up super early, but earlier than the fellas. I took time to wander around the ship and take some photos of different spots around the quiet ship.

qNdXgiOb7lDuEcx-liszpBuAHKzdHHjAxovOy4CFVFtdVXJt0SCDEmJG1OhX6JNG7CEzdqtMvXyOSnVtNDZEONzv-DuWMr14gZ3_n15DG2R56qLcHUwMSiQfFaiDT1IY_V1unGwJ

_Z4kldHtpnJgCdlSoL29yutjSOPkK0C_kw6RCCh3vc75YlpoDtxI-06KUng8unR9MKUgX_Zhp0Q6Hy8bkvd6GSK_suFwwbJSDr21d7pkOPK301ixaGhzFQUkHmD8AphtNwcqObB2

Be sure to eat at the BBQ restaurant on the Splendor. I was so surprised to see how many people didn't even know it existed and they couldn't find it. Boy did they miss out!

I definitely agree. We ate there and really enjoyed it. Plus like you said, people didn't seem to know about it , it wasn't very crowded.

Connie

After wandering around the ship a while, I headed back to Serenity to relax a bit before heading to play Scattergories. I had never played before so my son told me what it was all about. Sounded fun. I am so glad I went. I plan to buy the game myself now for when we host game nights. Jeff the Fun Dude hosted in the Cool Lounge and it was great fun.

JGM9gDoiZIeLVoosiW8BhbBU0i-EZaQ-9Roc4_IQJRMPAY-0BMAvO-junkuYJm7DhLJaDLpsMcPJORaCxoqXkf7WYYmy4w7o8_0poWaJD9SmGT2ulbIQRKuaCRv-6gGP-PZjOu2v

I was pretty light on breakfast since today , the last sea day, was the Chocolate Extravaganza. WOW. Such mouthwatering treats. Make sure you check BOTH buffet lines on Deck 9, there are goodies on both sides and in both areas. It ran from noon till 2:30. Should I lie and say I shared most of what was on my plate? SO good.

za7zBtGHlFUKvPBxgh5YtrWT1nW6gKhyfWeH7qVdKu9KxcBHM_KiPImUYmwZLblJM4JhHvLhc-ll1b4kCLffRTEIeOOPJwF-kh2HoEicuq2VKJnx3MkGGHJV_tkeGklfxXvuWZHb

N57RKptrewQ-dTTeLl_YZOyFlaB6bTGI98jbI37H7CDg5l2AxiZ2yNqq-iy0VrqM-iqfL81GuaJRzi_ARcW-0P2ke6l21YOZVO4GX-X1EU9wjJeC8YxxZfwvR6qgf5MADqK25r8O

55zzaIqnh9OGSh6VUmfB-4KIoES_9gYt90WcRfJ6YB2RjB1A5beOj42ahY3ix9bz5AWIETA4Mm5DIvj3LAtTJNaA1JWjYTIk8gUOtzjuO2SFPgRs6O5j9V3ULW-h53YblFb62tq2

Time to relax a bit and play some more cards. Just a tip I forgot to mention earlier. If you enjoy playing cards and forget to bring a deck of your own, just stop by Guest Services. They will gladly give you a deck for free. They make a great souvenir.

MccZd-gEPyFKuXO3cwFniHryFqVE73dYklQA3Y_QBv8aeRn7LNcaJioPCPRXzxrp3VQP8ImVzAdvF21Nu4c1iSp1VgWZORnSdFn0Dw49Rl7oaU6s_j4UsLv9ieNMh7UGtO8VeUFa

Someone else was just enjoying a light snack this afternoon.

edtgnaw7UUaabIL7u1DazF2BmsRAyp4AGzXvQtYtLdeFL02YszePrRpPNgJIBLQOTgGKUYtql66zoSccQOznBOR9HOtXFfQ0DgXjemsF7y-c0njAS1Z2huPo64Q9SyBCUOHu72Cy

We stopped by the portrait area and picked up a photo from elegant night. We thought it came out pretty nice. We clean up well. Kind of pricey at $20 for one 8x10, but the memories will last longer than that $20 will.

pvmg8gV6FzDxrhalc1iGxIU3IXwy3a3m5r_LqfLgqs7RrQ1CUhyeZxRo6gp4BTNwHSz8ysgscsCZARaFQ7u5-TKIgip1oCQbamlrPUUO5gDkBl1W4ecqcys95vYWSrbcFGOjUpPM

We checked out tonight's Showtime: Epic Rock in the Spectacular and really enjoyed the guitar pre show and the special effects in the show. Overall the shows on Splendor were enjoyable. The folks aren’t broadway professional singers and dancers, but they give their all and seem to enjoy entertaining the audience.

j4rs4962ZsMtfkUEl5aYAi6Hp2WzKM0SHMp_i4dfoqn6U83slV7rLwHBgvzBkpAwS2COc4Y97WVHvsCQIE8j9jDXVncIugpcb61XzjzH3Ww4jgFcbozaewJeJn826r33-DS_OH59

jejU2tWjdZt9LLbON4QnmDlFQutcQtCb0OgkDXUR0RVhEmvXvtXWglod91bPzjLy5dvkzyan01kVF7xId28VS8z-WbB-u6h4kEHD_fMg0yM9lj6FE7uPTGcNOsIWvkFeTLGyWFtM

jiNWU_L-tUySem2B-zuOcKb3l0qydS3UROTjalfGP0gZfNsRZDJlyq2RdztgL99Tsffhx4FnfstbZmkGLC559z98VXjiN8tNQvAwwDd0nGUj3kx7IxMp1LU_kgNXvP6OQzdbyr-i

I didn't really mention the comedians that were on this cruise. We did go see most them for the adult shows. They were decent jokes told and we laughed. Some routines were a bit repetitive when the comedian didn't get the laughs he was expecting with new material, which was a shame. Overall we really enjoy the Punchliner Comedy shows and will continue to check them out on future cruises. The Punchliner drink makes everything funnier of course. Even better that it was free with our past guest coupon. Make sure you remember to use yours after 5 pm the last night of the cruise.

WmojoWNS1_Mhmv5hG5NT4Uxiik3TfVIeie0qAkps4t3GAhpasg8jtqATzWJmMYD1DMTGps96yPxm1QSMSoGq8QJ7TQYcQc_B9sF02ZwPL6OPZk2yT4d-_ixq0sFL-Clmw5VLh3Kv

v25kiEAOltvBe8n6BX5VCUe7U8hKwCT1fScJJdoTAyy9h5HsEPG-uq3glUw3Dj6PYqt7J2VlQnsobm6fVMVcDVJirpsXUObG6Zk4PzeC3M5lUBE9UqJFUa3zfjVye1ZWL_MP3IOJ

We opted to put our luggage in the hall before the 11 pm deadline on the last night. We were assigned number 8 for debarkation. We got everything packed and ready for the morning.

We had breakfast on Lido one last time and then went back to the room to give a final tip to our room steward who was great throughout the trip and to collect our final bags we were carrying off.

rt8A4eMdDCqYpEW_57-7dyrX4EGP9UzzJKWnKV0BsMe7E08w79eTATHgZx_jbYj8D9Qmv1GDtzbgQToGhlCOsl11oPgaLE5Tyf-Mx4J4zUen1F49qIMSXq-jd2UrXh8ERg7qQZKM

We headed to seating on deck 5 and waited for our number to be called. Apparently the port folks control how many leave the ship at one time. It took a while but most people were patient. We eventually got off the ship about 9:30, then maybe another half hour or so to go thru customs. Not bad at all.

My sister got thru the gate and was able to pull up around the corner to right from where she had dropped us off. Perfect timing.

It was a great trip , lots of fun, lots of food, great new friends and TONS of memories and photos. I hope you enjoyed the review and feel free to ask any questions.

Now to wait for the next one…….

Connie

countdown.pl?image=vfin&name=cojuqui&date=4-22-2018&text=&ship=Carnival Horizon

PAST CRUISES:

Discovery Sun 2003 Freeport Bahamas Day Cruise

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251655

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

Carnival Miracle 07/30/13 Alaska http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...8#post39476968

Diamond Princess 12/23/13 New Zealand/Australia http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112413

Carnival Pride 11/23/14 Exotic Western Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2135404

Carnival Splendor 6/10/18 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2517375

Thanks so much for your review! I got some great tips and so much insight into the Splendor. we are boarding her tomorrow...13 of us!!!!!! So so excited!!!!

Allison:D

Wow, enjoy the group trip. We've done two group ones and it's so fun. Happy my review gave you some ideas and info. I love it then that happens.

Connie

Thanks for the great review! We are on the July 22-30 sailing and can't wait!

A couple questions: How "kid-friendly" is the piano bar? DH and I love going to the piano bar, but when the kids are with us, some of the performers are inappropriate for kids. Our youngest is now 15, so they are not really young, but I don't want for him (or us) to be embarrassed lol!

Also, you mentioned the BBQ restaurant. Is that in the upstairs area of the Lido deck buffet? I just want to make sure that we don't miss it.

Thanks for the great review! We are on the July 22-30 sailing and can't wait!

A couple questions: How "kid-friendly" is the piano bar? DH and I love going to the piano bar, but when the kids are with us, some of the performers are inappropriate for kids. Our youngest is now 15, so they are not really young, but I don't want for him (or us) to be embarrassed lol!

Also, you mentioned the BBQ restaurant. Is that in the upstairs area of the Lido deck buffet? I just want to make sure that we don't miss it.

So glad you enjoyed the review and hopefully found it helpful. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

The piano bar was great up until about 11 or so, then it got more adult that appropriate for a 15 year old. There might be a few jokes or comments before 11, but nothing that would overly embarrass either of you I wouldn't think. It was great fun!!!

Yes, the BBQ area is on Deck 10 above the buffet area on Lido. I hope you enjoy it as we did.

Connie

So glad you enjoyed the review and hopefully found it helpful. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

The piano bar was great up until about 11 or so, then it got more adult that appropriate for a 15 year old. There might be a few jokes or comments before 11, but nothing that would overly embarrass either of you I wouldn't think. It was great fun!!!

Yes, the BBQ area is on Deck 10 above the buffet area on Lido. I hope you enjoy it as we did.

Connie

Thank you! Glad to hear we can probably enjoy it when he plays earlier in the evenings. I love piano bars!

There was an Italian restaurant in the same place when we were on one of the ships we've been on. It was one of our favorite places to eat lunch because of the good food and it was never crowded.

We sailed the Splendor in February and had a good time. The decor is a bit over the top for my taste but certainly didn't affect my cruise. We thought the placement of the 2 hot tubs on each side of deck 10 were interesting since they are inside.

We had the most amazing ocean view cabin. All the way front deck 9 right above the bridge. Our window looked out the front of the ship. Most amazing view we have ever had.

Great review, we will be on the Splendor in January for the trip to Long Beach. Can't wait now that I've seen your review.

That will a great trip. Enjoy!

We sailed the Splendor in February and had a good time. The decor is a bit over the top for my taste but certainly didn't affect my cruise. We thought the placement of the 2 hot tubs on each side of deck 10 were interesting since they are inside.

Yes, those "pink frosted donuts" where overwhelming at first. Yes, the hot tubs were different. We were happy to have them though one evening as it rained.

We had the most amazing ocean view cabin. All the way front deck 9 right above the bridge. Our window looked out the front of the ship. Most amazing view we have ever had.

We have a cabin like that booked next year on the Horizon. Can't wait.

Connie

I really enjoyed your review. I'll be on the Splendor next April and am looking so forward to going

Thanks. Will you be headed to any/all of the same ports? April will be fabulous!!!!! Enjoy!!

Connie