Tropicana Questions - Timing and Taxis

kwbound

I have a some questions about the Tropicana show that I hope someone can answer. We are planning on booking independently and taking a taxi to and from the venue.

1. What time should we plan on leaving the ship if we are doing dinner and the show?

2. What time should we plan on leaving if doing the show only?

3. How much should we expect to pay for taxi transportation to the venue?

4. Are taxis readily available at the ship?

5. Are there plenty of taxis available to return us to the ship once the show is over?

I'm trying to plan daytime activities, but I can't find information on the timing of the dinner and show, so Idk what time we would need to be back at the ship in order to get ready for the evening.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

The venue opens at 8:30. The show starts at 10pm.

Address is Calle 72 #4504, between Calle 41 and Calle 43.

Taxi shouldn't be more than 10 CUC (maybe less if you can bargain).

about all the Tropicana and cabaret shows (in various cities): http://www.lahabana.com/guide/tropicana-cabaret/

Thanks so much for that information. Do you know about how long it should take to get from the ship to the venue?

Thanks again.

when we went to the show it was from the Parque Central hotel (not too far from the Ship) and it took about 15 minutes(go through some interesting neighbourhoods). The driver didn't take any money from us until the end of the trip back to the hotel. Taxi drivers do this trip all the time and are very efficient in moving people.Might there be an organised bus from the Ship? It is a classic show that I'm sure you will enjoy.

when we went to the show it was from the Parque Central hotel (not too far from the Ship) and it took about 15 minutes(go through some interesting neighbourhoods). The driver didn't take any money from us until the end of the trip back to the hotel. Taxi drivers do this trip all the time and are very efficient in moving people.Might there be an organised bus from the Ship? It is a classic show that I'm sure you will enjoy.

Thank you for the information. Yes, there is a tour from the ship that includes transportation, but it is almost $100 per person more than if we book it independently.

Taxi shouldn't be more than 10 CUC (maybe less if you can bargain).

Oops. We paid 35 CUC. I guess we paid too much. There were 4 of us and it was a 1955 convertible, so it was really cool and I didn't mind.

I'd get off the ship no later than 7:30 if you're doing dinner there too. When we got there, the line was really long even for people that had reserved ahead of time. Seemed like they were paying more attention to the people coming on buses than the line of individual people. We left the ship at 8:30 (we didn't do their dinner) and were in our seats by 9:30. There were plenty of taxis waiting there when the show ended. Don't be too hasty to leave-after the official show, there's a more modern dance show that the bus people missed cuz they were called to their busses.