Benefit for Suite VS Havana

We had a suite on the Vista in November, and we kind of wish we would have done the Havana suites instead. We thought we were splurging because it was a repo cruise (NY to Miami) and we would be in our room more days. We travel with our 2 kids, so we were thinking the suite would have extra room. The bathroom is definitely bigger, and you had a little bit bigger area where the closets were. The problem I have is that in a traditional balcony room, with a 4 person setup, we usually have a king, one person sleeps on the "sofa", and the 4th bed comes out of the ceiling. So 3 people taking up floor space so to speak.

When we walked in, I was just shocked. The 2 twin beds that usually go together into the king stayed twin beds. THEN, the sofa bed pulled out so that it was the king. I couldn't believe it! The room steward said this is the only way to configure for 4 people, because if you put the 2 twins together to get the master, either my kids would have to sleep together on the sofa, (both teenagers who would NOT want to sleep in the same bed together) or the adults sleep on the sofa pull out and the kids get the twins. There was no other option for 4 people.

In essence, I paid a whole bunch extra to sleep on a sofa bed.

But what I didn't like is that when we cruise, it always feels like in the rooms we're navigating a one person wide pathway from the front of the room to the balcony door. And with the suite, having 4 people sleeping on the floor (so to speak), we still had the same 1 person pathway. Throw over some covers, or big shoes (which my teens tend to take off in random places and leave in walk ways), then it can be treacherous to walk!

We got to look in how the Havana suites were, and they had TONS of more room! We even said that would have been worth the money instead of the suite we booked.

Just wanted to throw that out there! But we loved the Vista and would definitely go on again. Just not in a suite.