Pier 27 Dropoff/Pickup

Yosef42

Just stumbled across this in the Princess website: "Due to heightened security measures, taxis and private vehicles are not permitted to enter Pier 27 Cruise Terminal, nor will they be permitted to wait by the curb unless they are actively in the process of loading or unloading passengers."

Are they saying that all the pickups and drop-offs are done at the curb? On the Embarcadero? That sounds crazy to me, and I thought I read someone recently describing turning off the road into the little area between there and the port building. Anyone been there recently who can reassure me we won't be unloading luggage in the middle of city traffic?

Just stumbled across this in the Princess website: "Due to heightened security measures, taxis and private vehicles are not permitted to enter Pier 27 Cruise Terminal, nor will they be permitted to wait by the curb unless they are actively in the process of loading or unloading passengers."

Are they saying that all the pickups and drop-offs are done at the curb? On the Embarcadero? That sounds crazy to me, and I thought I read someone recently describing turning off the road into the little area between there and the port building. Anyone been there recently who can reassure me we won't be unloading luggage in the middle of city traffic?

Not since February, Yosef. But, at that time, there was a pull off area immediately in front of the terminal that cars and other carriers were able to drop off and collect people. Like you, I can not imagine that the security folks would attempt to have people make their connection on the street. It would be bedlam.

Not since February, Yosef. But, at that time, there was a pull off area immediately in front of the terminal that cars and other carriers were able to drop off and collect people. Like you, I can not imagine that the security folks would attempt to have people make their connection on the street. It would be bedlam.

Thanks for the confirmation.