Miami port, Carnival terminal to Royal Caribbean terminal

rabidstoat

I have B2B cruises that connect in Miami port, one on Carnival and one on Royal Caribbean. I searched and found some threads about transferring between terminals but on looking at maps, it seems like Carnival will probably be in terminal D or E, and Royal Caribbean seems to be out of terminal G. Terminals D and E are in the big row of terminals, but terminal G is on the other side of the port island, across the main road that goes down the middle. That makes me think that even though it'd only be 1/2 or 3/4 a mile, it wouldn't be particularly walkable with large luggage because of all the roads to cross.

Anyone know about the common cruise ship terminals at Miami to know if this true? If it's true, is it walkable? I'd have a large rollable bag and then a backpack, purse, and smaller shoulder bag. I was considering maybe just getting a cab/uber over to a Bayside restaurant like Bubba Gump and having lunch, then ubering back, but I'm not sure where I would stick my large bag when doing that.

the terminal on the 'other side' (south side) is J

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

from the POM web site: Designed to cater to travelers sailing on Oceania Cruises, Crystal Cruises and Azamara Cruise Lines as well as Regent Seven Seas, Terminal J recently underwent a $3 million facelift.

IME RCCL IS typically at G & G is at west end of 'cruise ship row'

the terminal on the 'other side' (south side) is J

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

from the POM web site: Designed to cater to travelers sailing on Oceania Cruises, Crystal Cruises and Azamara Cruise Lines as well as Regent Seven Seas, Terminal J recently underwent a $3 million facelift.

IME RCCL IS typically at G & G is at west end of 'cruise ship row'

Ah, that would make things a LOT easier! Whew.