Question about entertainment on the Dawn

brookie848

We have only sailed on mega ships (Epic, Escape and Getaway) and will be sailing on the Dawn in November. We are on the first sailing out of Puerto Rico, so any dailies I see now won't necessarily be accurate, but I have taken a look at what has been recently posted.

My question is this -- does the entertainment schedule usually stay the same on the Dawn (for 7-day cruises)? From what I see, Band on the Run is currently showing on Day 2 and Elements on Day 6, with magic and comedy on the other days. Our bookings for dinner will open up in two weeks, so I want to try to make logical decisions with dinners/shows and the days and times for each.

I know I can change things on board, but I'd like to try to minimize that. Thanks!

I am pretty sure the schedules for entertainment stay the same. On both the Jade and Dawn, Elements is always the last night of the cruise on every sailing I have been on. That show is fantastic, Band on the Run, not so much. I am a real classic rock lover. The Tenors of Rock were on our last sailing and they were amazingly good. I am pretty sure your Puerto Rico sailing might be the last sailing with Patti and Jose of this year. They perform nightly in the Grand Atrium and they are fantastic. They do classic rock and country, and my husband and I often book our cruise based on when they are onboard. So do many other people! You can easily Google their website for more info. In my experience, entertainment on NCL is much better than other lines, and the Dawn's entertainment always is exceptional to me. My husband and I are professional musicians who perform regularly, we are not easy to please. Have a wonderful cruise!

Elements will be on night 6.

There is a potential that they will move other shows around depending on the guest performers on board. Just assume that you are going to go to the show every night. So either book early dinners and go to the late show. Book late dinners after the shows.

Thanks for the replies. The idea of going to a show each night is a bit strange for us coming from only being on big ships, but I do want to at least try the major shows.

This is also a port-intensive cruise, so I'll want to keep that in mind when making plans for us.

Let me know if you have any other tips for us about the Dawn. We're looking forward to the different itinerary and sailing on a smaller ship for the first time. Plus, this cruise will make us Platinum (woo-hoo...free bag of laundry here we come)!