Cruise related - Hertz rental car

DaveOKC

I normally reserve a rental car (through Hertz most times) for either before or after our cruise and I do so well in advance as I know I can rebook later if prices decline (they often do).

Today I noticed that the cost of my September car rental dropped by about $20, so I went to rebook. When I did, the website first showed my the lower price, but when I went to rebook the price increased by $20 back to the old price. This has never happened before. It offered me a larger car for the same money, so I took that option.

Then I went back to see what happens if I rebook again, now to the old category. Now I get the $20 lower price!

So, be advised that Hertz has changed their procedure for rebooking at a lower price, but you can still get around it. Still worth it as it only took me 10 minutes to save the $20.

I am going to disagree that it is cruise related. Why? Because I am flying to Cincinnati today, not for a cruise, and pickup a Hertz rental. I booked the car originally about 4 months ago. Last week I found the car rental rate was $50 less- almost 1/3 off. I had no problem rebooking at the lower rate, but the cancellation screen screen never worked for the old rental. I eventually called and canceled the old reservation.

As this sort of price drop occurs about 75% of the time for us, ( we had a similar % reduction for our MCO Hertz rental in March), checking the rates close to departure is SOP for us on all of trips, not just cruises.

I am going to disagree that it is cruise related. Why? Because I am flying to Cincinnati today, not for a cruise, and pickup a Hertz rental. I booked the car originally about 4 months ago. Last week I found the car rental rate was $50 less- almost 1/3 off. I had no problem rebooking at the lower rate, but the cancellation screen screen never worked for the old rental. I eventually called and canceled the old reservation.

As this sort of price drop occurs about 75% of the time for us, ( we had a similar % reduction for our MCO Hertz rental in March), checking the rates close to departure is SOP for us on all of trips, not just cruises.

Sorry for the poor wording on my part - I did not intend to say that this just happens on rentals with cruises.

I normally reserve a rental car (through Hertz most times) for either before or after our cruise and I do so well in advance as I know I can rebook later if prices decline (they often do).

Best rental car deals I've found are through Big box that rhymes with roscoe. 2nd driver free and great rates