Experiences with RC bus transfers (Port Canaveral)

Hello all,

I was looking for some experiences from those that have recently used the Royal Caribbean bus transfers to get to/from Orlando MCO to Port Canaveral (for day of sailing/day of departure)

We have not sailed Royal in the past few years (4+) , but on previous voyages/ports we had always used RC to transport us from the airport to the ship, and had always found the transition smooth/easy.

However, as of recent, I've read a few horror stories from those using RC out of Orlando (read of people waiting around for hours and hours and arriving at the ship every late in the day despite flying in early in the morning) . My heart goes out to those people & that frustrating encounter, but I'm curious if that is the norm or a rare flute

Personally, I know when I have an experience go smooth & uneventful, I don't often think to make a comment on it. So I'm wondering how many (if at all) have had a smooth/uneventful bus transfer experience?

As a side note: as of recent times we are more used to sailing Disney & are always pleased with their smooth/ easy bus transfer service. The last time we sailed Royal, we recall the bus transfers being equally as smooth/easy as Disney's service. So if that info helps anyone to draw a comparison for me, it would be most helpful

Thanks!

Just for comparision, RC transfers are $37.50 per person and Cortrans charges $20 per person. We've taken Cortrans several times and have been very pleased with the service.

I've always found the MCO to Port Canaveral RC transfers to be pretty good. They set the buses off in waves - as soon as they have enough people for a bus, they load it up and send it to the Port (and vice versa). I've always found the staff at the airport very friendly and easy to find. Finding seats/ chairs while waiting to board the bus is another issue - but it isn't a RC issue.

Just for comparision, RC transfers are $37.50 per person and Cortrans charges $20 per person. We've taken Cortrans several times and have been very pleased with the service.

Completely agreed. We also used Cortrans and couldn't have been happier. Not sure why someone would willingly pay almost double the amount to go to the same place but maybe people just don't research it? :confused:

Completely agreed. We also used Cortrans and couldn't have been happier. Not sure why someone would willingly pay almost double the amount to go to the same place but maybe people just don't research it? :confused:

I think it's a psychological comfort thing, being in the "arms" of the cruise line.

I'm going with RC. This isn't because of 'arms' of the cruise line but was part of a package deal with RC. It included flights from the UK, overnight stay, transfers and the cruise. Otherwise, yes, I would generally find my own way there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk