Are reservations needed for Coastal restaurant on Anthem?

Hi ~ This will be our first experience eating at Coastal and looking forward to trying it. We are trying to decide on the reservations since I am traveling with my 90+ year old mom.. That means early dining for sure! We have my time dining set for 5:45 every night. I am hoping we will like Coastal better. For those of you with experience, do we need to worry about making Coastal reservations or is it easy to just walk in at dinner time? I am wondering if I should give up our early my time dining times which can be hard to get later on. - We are a party of 3. Thank you.

No need to give up your early reservations. Just go to the Coastal Kitchen on embarkation day and make a reservation for that night. If you like the menu, you can then make reservations for the rest of the days and just ask the concierge to cancel your main dining room reservations.

We only dined for dinner the first night in CK and had no issue with reservations. We didn't particularly care for the menu, so the rest of the nights we dined either in the MDR or a specialty. We had family onboard and they couldn't utilize CK, so sometimes we dined with them. The Maitre'd asked if we would like to have them join us in CK one night, be since there were 20 of them, we declined. However, we had breakfast in CK each morning and it was never full and we always had the same table.

If you want, you can always ask to see the dinner menu (breakfast menu doesn't change) and decide if you want to eat there that night.

Thank you for your help. We'll leave the early reservations as are and check out Coastal while on-board.

Lileesa, you will probably love Coastal Kitchen, and so will Mom. I don't know why Rita didn't like the menu(s) [Hi, Rita! ;) ], but I love eating in CK.

Also, don't worry too much about reservations. Eating early is the easy time.

And let us know how you make out. :)