ATM/bank availability in port?

Cpbryant

Really, don't bother. I might get some as souvenirs, but everything is priced in dollars already. The "cash only" is all dollars as well. And they like getting green backs. There are ATM's but they can run out of money on heavy cruise days (because on an island). You might save a little bit of money, but it's not worth the headache. Keep in mind, if you use an ATM, you're paying for an exchange bank fees as well. IMHO not with hassle, just bring plenty of cash and have some smaller bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree in most places it maybe worth getting local notes but Roatan in not one of them. Many of us who holiday for weeks, months on the island take US down with us, get a change in local and spend it all.

Additionally, many of t he ATM have been compromised, heaps of stories about people having their cards cloned and banks, you maybe waiting in line all day.

By the by, clean smaller bills are better, little wear and no tear. Tha banks down there are picky so the locals have to be careful what that accept.