Allure Suite Questions

bmwg8r

We are a family of 5 going on the Allure in September and staying in a Royal Family Suite and I had several questions about what we needed to plan in advance.

1. Do we need show reservations for Mamma Mia, the pool, ice or comedy shows in advance or does staying in a suite mean those are already taken care of?

2. Does the Coastal Kitchen menu remain fixed during the entire cruise or does it stay the same nightly? We are worried that the same menu would get stale and are leaning towards eating in the MDR nightly.

3. What are your favorite specialty restaurants and what is the length of the Chef's Table dinner?

4. If we sign up for the first night specialty dining special and do not like what they assign do you have a chance to change the reservation?

In a suite, the Concierge can make your reservations for you....so if you don't do it in advance, they will get you what you want.

The menus do change from day to day.

We don't do many "specialties"....sorry!

Yes, you can change your dining reservations when you board the ship.

1. Only show needing a reservation would be the Comedy Show.

2. CK changes every night

3. I'm a fan of CP 150. Never done Chef's Table, from what I understand it can take three hours depending on group.

4. I've had luck changing. Your mileage may vary.

Sent from a mobile device

Just like main dining room, CK has dishes that are available every night (left side of menu) and dishes that change every night (right side of menu). Food was generally very good except for steaks which were tough and fatty. Concierge suggested and made reservations for us each night in CK to lock in time on first night of cruise, then we adjusted during the week. She also made comedy club and spa reservations for us. Don't do specialty restaurants anymore - but they sell them like crazy for the first few days of the cruise. Get to shows at least ten minutes before start which is when they admit people without reservations. They have good reserved seats for suite guests for Mamma Mia, ice show and water show.

1. There is an area of the upper deck (deck 5, I believe) that is reserved for Suites/Pinnacles and in some cases, D+. It is the center section of the upper level of the theater. That area is "roped off" and therefore, reserved, but 10 minutes before the show begins, those ropes are removed and that reserved area becomes fair game for anyone....so if you want to take advantage of the reserved areas, get there at least 15 minutes before the show is scheduled to begin. These same rules apply for the ice show and the aqua theater.

I have noticed lately that some of the reserved areas that used to include D+ now do not include D+ any longer, so D+ just have to wait until they get onboard to find out if they are going to be included in the reserved sections or not. I find this particularly true for the ice show theater.

Just off Allure - reserved rows were for Pinnacle and Grand Suite or higher guests - staff members guard holding signs with picture of the sea pass cards that can use the sections. Go in deck 3 main entrance to theater for reserved seats - not balcony entrance on deck 4/

Just came off Allure yesterday in a Crown Loft Suite, our first time in a suite, and I'd have to say that outside of the suite sun deck (well mainly just the awesome bartender, as it was so hot we spent our time down in the pool) and priority departure yesterday, the benefits were minimal. Yes, you don't need show reservations, but it appeared every standby person gained access, nothing was totally filled. The concierge's "system was down" the two times we attempted to utilize their services, so that was a bust, so don't bank on it. It was a heck of a lot of money for just a fancy room that we didn't spend time in. We had a wonderful cruise, just wasn't really any outstanding enhancement over our previous cruises in a mere balcony room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums