Questions about HAL Grand Voyages

S&B

Let me start by saying that this is my first cruise with HAL (Grand Asia). Had a 50 day with Viking ocean and a 27 day with Viking river so I am not really the one to say. Given that, my wife and I are taking 2 bags each plus 1 carryon. We are over packing I know (50 day was 2 bags plus 1 carryon) but hope to learn from this trip. Each bag will have a little room since I hear that HAL gives out gifts during each segment of the trip. And since I don't have to pay extra, and don't have to haul them thru airports, I figure why not? :D

My feelings, also. We expect to take two bags each, plus carryon. I would get awfully bored with my clothes if I had only one bag and a carryon. Besides, as you pointed out, why should we? We are not paying (directly) for shipping them.

FWIW, I tried a test booking from Annniston to the Amsterdam with Luggage Forward. The default pickup date was September 22. Either HAL is using someone other than their usual provider for this or they're adding a few days cushion in case of unexpected delays.

Roy

I called and booked my "free" bag service. Pick up is 18 Sep for me between 1 and 4 pm. She said it would be FedEx, not Luggage Forward so that may account for the difference. Rick