Live from Liberty of the Seas

Our first day on Liberty of the Seas had some good and some "just ok" but most good. We arrived at the port around 10:15. We parked at Galveston Park N Cruise, walked our bags over and were sitting down in Windjammer by 11:05.

We spend a lot of time time exploring the ship today. The kids enjoyed the slides and the mini golf. The big slide was closed due to a thunderstorm. They are going to try the adventure ocean tomorrow.

The food has been pretty good. Nothing amazing, but it was pretty good. I think you have to have the right expectations coming in - don't expect five star dining. Also we are pretty easy to please with food. We went on a Disney cruise last year and so far the food seems to be a step down from Disney, but this is a different price point.

There was a mix up with my time dining. We booked a party of 8 for 5 of the 7 nights about six months ago, and verified a month ago. When we showed up they said we had two tables of 4. They were able to change it and we had to wait around 20 minutes as a result, but it wasn't that big of a deal. One odd thing is that we made a reservation for 6:30 each night. They tried to get us to change to 6:00 or 7:45 because those times would be less busy. That kind of defeats the purpose of making a MTD reservation though if you still have to eat early or late. We kept our reservation time for the time being to see if we have to wait each night for a table.

I understand the complaints about the hard sell, but it is not a big deal to us. We purchased the drink package and made reservations for Giovanni's and Sabor ahead of time so basically we just had to say no the Chops sales pitch a few times.

Speaking of the drink package, we got our money's worth today. Even if we don't drink enough to break even by the end of the week it was nice not having to worry about the pride of drinks, which is really high. That mindset is worth a cost to me. It is just the first day, but I'm thinking the drink package was a good investment for us.

We are looking forward to the rest of the week.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first day on Liberty of the Seas had some good and some "just ok" but most good. We arrived at the port around 10:15. We parked at Galveston Park N Cruise, walked our bags over and were sitting down in Windjammer by 11:05.

We spend a lot of time time exploring the ship today. The kids enjoyed the slides and the mini golf. The big slide was closed due to a thunderstorm. They are going to try the adventure ocean tomorrow.

The food has been pretty good. Nothing amazing, but it was pretty good. I think you have to have the right expectations coming in - don't expect five star dining. Also we are pretty easy to please with food. We went on a Disney cruise last year and so far the food seems to be a step down from Disney, but this is a different price point.

There was a mix up with my time dining. We booked a party of 8 for 5 of the 7 nights about six months ago, and verified a month ago. When we showed up they said we had two tables of 4. They were able to change it and we had to wait around 20 minutes as a result, but it wasn't that big of a deal. One odd thing is that we made a reservation for 6:30 each night. They tried to get us to change to 6:00 or 7:45 because those times would be less busy. That kind of defeats the purpose of making a MTD reservation though if you still have to eat early or late. We kept our reservation time for the time being to see if we have to wait each night for a table.

I understand the complaints about the hard sell, but it is not a big deal to us. We purchased the drink package and made reservations for Giovanni's and Sabor ahead of time so basically we just had to say no the Chops sales pitch a few times.

Speaking of the drink package, we got our money's worth today. Even if we don't drink enough to break even by the end of the week it was nice not having to worry about the pride of drinks, which is really high. That mindset is worth a cost to me. It is just the first day, but I'm thinking the drink package was a good investment for us.

We are looking forward to the rest of the week.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

Hi, we will be first time cruisers and was wondering about the price of cocktails and did you enjoy the two specialty restaurants?

Hi, we will be first time cruisers and was wondering about the price of cocktails and did you enjoy the two specialty restaurants?

The drink of the day today was a Mai Tai and it was $8.95 I think. Beers were $7, wine was $12 for the cheapest Pinot Noir, and mixed drinks were $10-$12.

We go to Giovanni's tomorrow night and Sabor on Friday so I will let you know our thoughts after we go.

We go on the 20th. I will have four grandchildren ages 11-17. Is there lots of stuff for them to do? My third time in Liberty but never with kids.

My kids are 8 and 11. There does seem to a lot of to do. Lots of kids on the slides and the wave rider and lots playing basketball. The big slide was closed yesterday due to weather but it should be open today. It looks like a lot of fun. The rock climbing wall is right by the basketball court. Those things look fun to me too and I will try them today so I imagine even though your kids are older than , they will enjoy too.

We go on the 20th. I will have four grandchildren ages 11-17. Is there lots of stuff for them to do? My third time in Liberty but never with kids.

Kids that age tend to find stuff to do with other kids that age. 17 is hard, to old for kids stuff and to young for adult stuff. If there are lots of kids on board they will find their cruise friends and you will never see them.

Lots of planned activities for kids and teens. Adventure Ocean Top age group is 9-11. My 11 GD Loves it. You can give them permission to sign themselves in/out if you want. Teen groups are 12-14 and 15-17. First night there will be a short session p, 8:30-10. It's a great time to go and make new friends as everybody is new.

Tidal Wave, water slides, rock climbing wall, mini golf, swimming and ice skating. Lots of fun stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Watching the current forecast for the storm headed your way. It may do a number on Cozumel. Crossing fingers your day on Coz will be sunny and lovely.

Have a good cruise....

We aren't in Cozumel until Friday. I'm hoping it is gone before then!

Kids that age tend to find stuff to do with other kids that age. 17 is hard, to old for kids stuff and to young for adult stuff. If there are lots of kids on board they will find their cruise friends and you will never see them.

I would agree with this. There seems to be tons of teenage kids hanging around together. I think they will be fine.

Has the captain updated you on what if any impacts TS Franklin will have on your route or itinerary this week?

They have mentioned anything yet. I am curious as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Can you find out if lobster tails are served in the windjammer? I heard they've been served on the second formal night or the night after the second formal. I would appreciate it if you can check or ask one of the waiter staff!

Are tickets needed for the ice show?

I was on the week before and they started doing Ice show tickets again. When I went to pick them up they told me it was because of the New cruise director and he liked the idea of tickets. This has been the first time in 3 years I have needed the tickets. Based on the Stack at the table only 1 show was in demand.

I was on the week before and they started doing Ice show tickets again. When I went to pick them up they told me it was because of the New cruise director and he liked the idea of tickets. This has been the first time in 3 years I have needed the tickets. Based on the Stack at the table only 1 show was in demand.

Thanks.