Rhapsody of the Seas - July 29 - Aug 5 Mediterranean Cruise Trip Report

Thanks for the trip report. Looking at booking the Rhapsody next summer with a similar itinerary except it goes to Split instead of Dubrovnik. Thanks for the recommendation about the tour with Milo in Kotor. I plan to look into it.

I have to say I am a little nervous about getting back on the boat in Santorini with the lines for the cable cars. It looks like even if you do a tour you still take the cable car down (or walk which doesn't seem like fun). Did there seem like there were a lot of people who had a hard time getting back on time? Or did most opt to walk like you did to ensure they made it back on time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
I must say, the Samsung 8+ takes pretty great pics for a cell phone camera. I believe the guy who took us charged 15 or 20 Euro for the trip.

They really do, don't they? I'm totally impressed with mine. You can get a DSLR lens adapter or even some of the better add-on lenses work wonders. I no longer lug around my 'good' camera most of the time.

Really enjoy your photos. After reading this we are using our comp cruise we just got after getting off the Oasis of The Seas last week and booking this for next fall.

Thanks for the great review!

• 5 months later...

I am leaving on this cruise the 18th of August. We plan on taking the water taxi dropping us off at St. Marks Square. The hotel has given instructions on which line to take. I am debating whether to purchase my ticket in advance or when we arrive. I believe you have you have to pick a time. Just not sure time wise how long customs takes, possible flight delays etc. did you notice long lines for those who did not have repurchased tickets? Thanks for your wonderful review!

Our experience last year was that we were able to buy tickets after exiting the baggage hall, we did not prebook. When you get to where the boats leave from, the queue was divided into which line you wanted and although the queue looked long, it moved steadily.

I assume you meant the Alilaguna boats. You should have no problem purchasing your tickets upon arrival. However, I believe they offer a discount if you purchase in advance. Have a great time. We took the Rhapsody last year and it was very nice.

You will love it ... it's been my favorite trip I've taken so far. Any questions you have or think of, feel free to ask away.

THANK YOU! Hope we have the blue cloudless skies in Oct as you're photos are stunning! This has fueled my anticipation positively. I've been concerned with some negative ship reviews of it needing to be taken out of service but heartened by recent ones saying is very clean & staff good; at least for the Med cruises. :)

Can you or anyone please post the Itinerary of nightly Rhapsody activities/music/entertainment for the Croatia-Greek Isles Sailing week? I've not seen any postings re: formal nights, times of music in lounges or types of music. Not so interested in silly games, gambling or mediocre shows. would like to know which shows are good & if must reserve in advance as have not read very positive reviews of them. We have late dining but on waiting list for flex time so do need to know times of evening activities. We could only get deck 2 cabin Ocean view anyone with experience there? Gracie!

I assume you meant the Alilaguna boats. You should have no problem purchasing your tickets upon arrival. However, I believe they offer a discount if you purchase in advance. Have a great time. We took the Rhapsody last year and it was very nice.

Yes I am referring to the Alilaguna boats. Thank you for the information.

I have heard on the European cruises more people tend to dress up for formal nights. Did you find this on this cruise? I do enjoy wearing cocktail dresses and like to see what the other ladies are wearing.

Most of our cruises have been to Europe (Baltic- and our next one will be our 3rd in the Mediterranean area)

From my observations Europeans dress up more than Americans. My family always dresses up on the formal nights (cocktail attire is great). On the other evenings we dress "smart chic" or whatever term suits you. Never shorts unless we are going by the pool or some other casual activity.

The dining room has a dress code as the specialty restaurants.

We have many cherished pictures "with our Sunday best" taken from past cruises (from our own camera as well as the ships photographer) .