Our Review of Pride of America Cruise 7/15-22-2017

snplw

Chris was ours too, he was alright as I stated. We just didn't need to interact with him. I don't remember the names of the butler and steward. Are you/have you ate in Cagney's? Is the hostess, Brenna? She was on when we were there and she really made our cruise, really regret not getting her email address.

Hi - Martha is who we interact with the most at Cagney's. We eat breakfast at Cagney's and we've had dinner there. Lunch at Cagney's has been a bust two times so were kind of done with lunch there.

I haven't met Brenna yet- but Theresa one of the waitresses bless her heart and got married on Sunday – had Sunday night off and then was back to work Monday morning.

They work these folks hard.

Hi - Martha is who we interact with the most at Cagney's. We eat breakfast at Cagney's and we've had dinner there. Lunch at Cagney's has been a bust two times so were kind of done with lunch there.

I haven't met Brenna yet- but Theresa one of the waitresses bless her heart and got married on Sunday – had Sunday night off and then was back to work Monday morning.

They work these folks hard.

Thanks, when we were leaving she was on her next to last cruise I think. So she may be home on vacation now. I just thought it may have been a shot as we are on the east coast as well.

• 1 month later...
Were beach towels provided by the ship -- to take to a beach for the day? I'm concerned about bringing sand to the cabin (ugh). Or beach mats that we could just toss at the end of the cruise?

and if mats are the best options, where is a good place to buy them? We will be in Honolulu 2 days prior to cruise.

Stayed at the Waikiki Marriot 2 nights one as a promo and I paid for one night. We would have chosen a cheaper hotel for our night, Marriot was $300, because they can, but we had a 6am tour scheduled on Friday and felt the hassle of baggage moving check-in/checkout wasn’t worth it. But there are plenty around the area at half that price.

Embarkation was a breeze for us, as stated we were in a suite, so we had our bags picked up at the Marriott, we were notified to just tag whatever bags we wanted to have sent to our suite and leave them just inside our door. As we checked onto the first shuttle from hotel to pier we were asked how many bags were left, so nice and easy.

My family will be doing a pre-cruise hotel stay at the Marriott for our cruise next June. Was it a hassle to book an additional night with the hotel? Did you have to check out and check back in or change rooms for your 2nd night, or did they just extend your promo booking? How many shuttles did they have going from the hotel to the pier on embarkation day? Trying to figure out how much time we'll have to explore before the shuttle takes us to the pier.

Enjoyed reading your review!

My family will be doing a pre-cruise hotel stay at the Marriott for our cruise next June. Was it a hassle to book an additional night with the hotel? Did you have to check out and check back in or change rooms for your 2nd night, or did they just extend your promo booking? How many shuttles did they have going from the hotel to the pier on embarkation day? Trying to figure out how much time we'll have to explore before the shuttle takes us to the pier.

Enjoyed reading your review!

Our travel agent booked the room prior. All she did was call ahead to book a room, then mentioned we had the pre-cruise room already booked, and they made sure to note it. We had no problems with it at check in. It was one room for two nights. Of course we called a couple of weeks prior to be sure the hotel had us down for 2 nights. As I stated be prepared for sticker shock, unless you have a Marriot reward night. There were at least 2 Greyhound type buses lined up when we left at 10:30. When you check in they give you your shuttle time. We actually had time to climb Diamond Head prior to leaving for the ship. Hope this helped.

Our travel agent booked the room prior. All she did was call ahead to book a room, then mentioned we had the pre-cruise room already booked, and they made sure to note it. We had no problems with it at check in. It was one room for two nights. Of course we called a couple of weeks prior to be sure the hotel had us down for 2 nights. As I stated be prepared for sticker shock, unless you have a Marriot reward night. There were at least 2 Greyhound type buses lined up when we left at 10:30. When you check in they give you your shuttle time. We actually had time to climb Diamond Head prior to leaving for the ship. Hope this helped.

This is very helpful! Thank you! Glad to hear arranging a 2nd night pre-cruise was easy and that there might be some time to go out and about a bit before the shuttle heads to the pier for embarkation.