Suggestions: Shore Excursions Companies

niceguyneastbay

Greetings -

Planning on Eastern Carib sailing and just was curious if anyone has used another shore excursion company other than HAL.

St. Thomas, San Juan and Nassau

I have certainly used other companies for many ports.

IF you are contemplating going to St. John from St. Thomas, the HAL transfer was very reasonable and much more convenient (maybe $1 more than if we did it privately last time).

Other than that, unless you want to go to Magen's Bay or a snorkelling excursion, these ports really lend themselves to doing it on your own quite easily. If you do want to do something like above, the ports boards will have lots of information as well as your roll call, potentially.

DIY - Especially San Juan (which has a free shuttle to El Morro) and Nassau. Easy to explore and do.

Greetings -

Planning on Eastern Carib sailing and just was curious if anyone has used another shore excursion company other than HAL.

St. Thomas, San Juan and Nassau

Tripadvisor.com has private excursion ratings.

We spend some time in San Juan. You should do the Bacardi Museum/tasting tour, which you can book direct on the Bacardi website. If you need the name and number of a reliable driver, I can provide it (unless you're on the Nov 11 NA sailing - he'll be busy). Cabs are reliable and fares reasonable. I can recommend restaurants too.

bb

Tripadvisor.com has private excursion ratings.

We spend some time in San Juan. You should do the Bacardi Museum/tasting tour, which you can book direct on the Bacardi website. If you need the name and number of a reliable driver, I can provide it (unless you're on the Nov 11 NA sailing - he'll be busy). Cabs are reliable and fares reasonable. I can recommend restaurants too.

bb

Thanks for the info. Looking at the Bacardi tour. We will be on the NA on the 11th sailing.