Christmas on Carnival Vista

dvdisney

Our boys were 11 and 17 when we did our first Christmas at sea. You can do decorations just be careful they are flame retardant. We chose a collapsible silver tinsel tree with tropical tinsel colored circles as built in ornaments. I used Christmas lights gaped gel clings on the mirror and window. I bought a metal wall ornament advent calendar as well as 3 purple and 1 pink tea light in a glass holder to keep our advent celebration going. Lastly I found men's socks that looked like elf socks for stockings (as the traditional stocking is not flame retardant) and hung them on the wall with command hooks. We put all this in a separate carry-on along with all their presents (went small in size like digital cameras, 3 DS etc) and gift bags, tissue, wrapping paper, tape and scissors. We carried it on and had the room decorated in minutes.

And never fear - Santa has a mailbox next to the giant tree in the atrium. He will appear on Christmas Eve and stay for pictures in addition to the Christmas show. St Nick is alive and well at sea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums