Suite Sun Deck Evening Cigar Lounge

BearJew

Even though I do not smoke and generally try to stay away from cigarette smoke, I think they should have kept the cigar lounges on Voyager/Freedom class ships. I never smelled any smoke from those venues and it gave the cigar smokers a place out of the wind to enjoy their cigars without any impact to others. Now they have to be outside, where it negatively affects both their experience and that of non-smokers too.

This is exactly the problem. They eliminated the indoor, well ventilated, comfortable cigar lounge and now ask the cigar smokers to be secluded to the pool deck where MANY people pass by and are quite unhappy with the waft of smoke they get hit with.

Maybe a good solution would be to make the port side smoking for balcony cabins and the starboard side non-smoking... :D

Yes, I know a pipe dream (pun intended)...

I agree, the cigar lounge probably did make some money, but I think they felt that the installation of the Suite Lounge was more important to the bottom line than the cigar lounge, and they didn't want to give up the card/game venues.

When they add a Suite Lounge to a Voyager or Freedom Class ship, they replace the old Concierge Club with 4 inside cabins. Therefore, they could just put the card/game room where that club used to be but they must have decided that the revenue from the 4 inside cabins was more than the revenue from the cigar lounge.