millenium review from my parents

larasmom

we were in 7180 and had the smell in the hallway and balcony and we could not eat our daily breakfast on the balcony for two days. It was better after that. The smell was also on Deck 5 where the shops are, as we walked the stores we had to leave them to get away from the smell.

Marlene

Dear Cdbaum,

The reason I said I did not think Celebrity was taking this issue seriously is that we experienced the same problem on the Infinity on a cruise to Alaska in June. At the time I thought that it must be an isolated incident because I could not imagine Celebrity allowing it to continue. Not only is it unhighly unpleasant, but I believe it could be a health risk as well.

However, I read posts from passengers on later sailings (July and August) on the Infinity complaining about the same odor. I recall reading a post where the smell was so bad in one stateroom that the passengers actually disembarked early.

And now with the reports of the same sewage smell on the Millennium, it makes me wondering what Celebrity is doing to correct the problem. There was one post on this thread that indicated they experienced the odor in October.

Anyway, I hope that clarifies why I stated that I don't think Celebrity is taking this issue seriously.

We love Celebrity and hope that the situation gets fixed quickly.

Nancy

We were in 7144 in October and smelled sewage on our balcony and in the hall. That entire side of the deck experienced plumbing problems on and off the entire cruise. I've never been on a cruiseship with so many toilet problems!

We were also on the millennium Oct.25-Nov.6th. room 7048 right before

it went into drydock. The whole 7th. floor smelled like sewer.:eek:

We had nothing but problems with the toilet not flushing.

Had to call the plumber several times. On the plumbers third visit I asked,

what's going on? He told me it's a vacuum problem.

This sewer smell is not because of the drydock. The problem was there before, and it looks like it hasn't been corrected still.

If you plan on sailing on the millennium, take my advice and book another

deck!

Oh, and in case your wondering if the smell was just one or two days?

Nope, all 12 days! EEK!

I have spoken to Joan Bernheimer very recently and mentioned the information I found here. She is NOT head of Corporate Guest Relations. She was NOT hired personally by Dan Hanrahan. She is in the Corporate Guest Relations department, but not the boss. If you send anything to her, it gets dispersed to everyone else in the department. In fact, if you send it to her, it takes LONGER to get a response because it may sit in her inbox and then get sent to be dispersed to everyone else.

Dear N Finite,

I was told she was head of Guest Relations. Sorry for the misinformation. Regardless, she was still helpful in assisting with a mix-up in stateroom assignments for our Millennium cruise next June Barcelona to Venice. She was the only one in Guest Relations who was of any help. I got Joan's name off of these boards as well. She apparently has been helpful to others on these boards. As far as taking longer, I thought she was very quick to respond. She did have someone else within Celebrity contact me, but none the less, the situation was resolved.

Nancy

We were on the Millennium on the voyage before the drydock (October 23 - November 6) and I do recall occassionally smelling a sewage-type odour. We did not experience the smell in our cabin or on our balcony, but I do recall smelling it the first day when we visited friends in an aft cabin on the 7th floor. I'm not sure I would have been able to get used to the smell if it had been in our cabin, although airing it out probably helped. We visited the same cabin later in the trip and I don't recall smelling the smell then. I noticed the odour most often in the back or front of the ship, including near the theatre and in the spa change room.

Other than that, I can't think of any complaints I would have had with the Millennium. I do have a very sensitive sense of smell, and I don't recall any other people even mentioning the smell on our trip, so it likely was worse on the transatlantic. I very seldom noticed the odour and it certainly didn't affect my trip.

Hopefully, they will get the problem taken care of and everyone can enjoy their time on this beautiful ship.

Brenda

Last week I emailed jbernheimer@rccl.com to report the problem. Todate I have NOT received an answer. Not a single word.

Is this the way that Celebrity, a cruise line who supposedly treats one as a king and "prides itself" on its services handles major passenger complaints?

Celebrity must do something now to try to regain its "customer service rating".

Even a simple apology to all involved would be a start.

Archived