Ultimate Ship Tour

robthens

WVBill --- in your avatar, it looks like a A-3 Whale flying off of Midway or Ranger. My brother was an A-3 E&E inspector at NAS Alameda inspecting fuel bladders and wing corrosion. Thanks for your service. Hoorah!

WVBill --- in your avatar, it looks like a A-3 Whale flying off of Midway or Ranger. My brother was an A-3 E&E inspector at NAS Alameda inspecting fuel bladders and wing corrosion. Thanks for your service. Hoorah!

Good eye. It was Midway. I was with VAQ130 Det 2 out of Alameda. Those guys that skinnied through those access holes into the fuel bladders for inspections have my utmost respect.

We just did it on the Ruby a few weeks ago, and loved it! There were 13 people on our tour. For me the galley (partly because we were served fruity beverages and an assortment of chocolate delectables), the laundry room, and the bridge with the gracious Commodore Romano were the highlight. They also served champagne and more chocolate covered strawberries in Vines at the end. We each received the following: a robe, apron, personalized note pad, several group pictures, a picture frame, and another blue Princess tote bag. Of all of the items, the frame was one that we will donate to charity, and it did take up a lot of space! At one point there was a woman who joined us in the galley, but I think she was confused, and they she left us shortly afterwards. I don't believe they checked our cruise cards at the beginning, just asked us our names.

• 3 months later...
We just did it on the Ruby a few weeks ago, and loved it! There were 13 people on our tour. For me the galley (partly because we were served fruity beverages and an assortment of chocolate delectables), the laundry room, and the bridge with the gracious Commodore Romano were the highlight. They also served champagne and more chocolate covered strawberries in Vines at the end. We each received the following: a robe, apron, personalized note pad, several group pictures, a picture frame, and another blue Princess tote bag. Of all of the items, the frame was one that we will donate to charity, and it did take up a lot of space! At one point there was a woman who joined us in the galley, but I think she was confused, and they she left us shortly afterwards. I don't believe they checked our cruise cards at the beginning, just asked us our names.

We will be on the Ruby in Jnaury for a seven day. What day did you have your tour?