We've never taken a cruise b4 and could use some help

Zenica

Have you considered a Disney cruise? The cabins are bigger and the bathrooms are split so more than one person can get ready at a time. The kids clubs are fantastic. I highly recommend Disney balcony cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the price is a consideration you may want to stay clear of Disney. It is a great family cruise line They do an outstanding job but the price is over the top.

After talking things over with my wife, she concurs that the view and stateroom size takes priority over the possibility of seasickness. We just hope it's minimal if at all and some Dramamine will resolve it!

After speaking with the one TA, they are firm in their price as was NCL. I called the other big one we were dealing with and was told their perks include a $545 in house gift card plus 2% back in the form of another in house gift card and 3% back when we use our co-branded Visa card. This brings the "refunds" to $883 making the total cost $6430.72

No one else seems to come close to touching this price, including NCL themsleves.

If the weather is nice and the 3 year old is potty trained, you can all enjoy the pools. Otherwise, there should be a kiddy water play area. There should be age appropriate children's areas where you can leave them for a bit while you enjoy adult activities, spa, quiet time on deck. It shouldn't cost extra unless they have to change diapers. Bring bibsters and some sippy cups for the little one. Ask the pediatrician for seasick remedies just in case. And bring some for yourself. I like ones that include meclizine and I love Gin Gin chewy candies. Seabands can help, too. An umbrella stroller can be helpful. Friends of ours took their 3 year old on our group cruise. The Dad had a sitting frame backpack for the child.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone else ever noticed that some NCL floor-plans are 100% inaccurate?

I booked the Breakaway H6 cabin in part because the 3D floor plan depicts the ocean as being visible from the bed which I know my wife will love to have. After booking I looked on YouTube for videos people posted of the ship and someone posted a video of the same cabin albeit on a different deck and the ocean is in no way visible from the bed without peering through the bathroom first!

I contacted NCL and they agreed, it is a clear oversight and error on the site but basically seemed to care less and told me if I didn't like it, to cancel. That reply and lack of any modicum of customer service alarms me. What if something more serious happened while the cruise was under way? Would they issue the same flippant reply?

I'm not sure I should keep this reservation.

Edited by Zenica
Correction