Larger, Square YC1 Cabins - which ones?

Robkat

Not according to the rep I booked with in UK MSC office. She told me categorically that once you're assigned a YC cabin, you will NOT be moved.

Unfortunately, this is NOT true in the US. I have been arbitrarily moved in the YC from a triple to a double with no notice whatsoever. I'm assuming this is because I went from three people sailing and had to cancel one at the last minute so MSC moved me. I was NOT happy!!

Unfortunately, this is NOT true in the US. I have been arbitrarily moved in the YC from a triple to a double with no notice whatsoever. I'm assuming this is because I went from three people sailing and had to cancel one at the last minute so MSC moved me. I was NOT happy!!

I'm keeping a close eye on my booking, Kathiean, as I know full well that they can tell you one thing and do another! :rolleyes: I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll hold onto it as there was another one available when we booked and perhaps they're not expecting much demand for a party of three or four in YC on our sailing. clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

• 5 months later...
I also didn't know about these, the only ones that looked larger on the plans were the Handicapped ones on the corner. We booked this one, 16006, and it was really quite a bit larger than the other ones (we stole a peek into the other cabins when we walked past). I'll try to find a picture of the inside of the cabin. It was really big, but I think we sacrified the walk in closet. We didn't mind, there were four of us, so we were happy with the extra room.

We wanted YC for the March 8, 2018 MSC Divina Transatlantic, but Aurea was only available...suite 9007. Yesterday we called and were told one YC suite became available, 16006, and we jumped on it. Cannot find any pictures of the suite so would love if you could post one. And you mentioned the walk-in closet was sacraficed? I assume the larger bathroom with large walk-in shower took up the space? And any issues on water from the walk-in shower spreading onto the main bathroom floor? Any tips you learned would be greatly appreciated. Appears there is an 'enclosed' balcony almost like a sunroom off of the bedroom. Which is fine as bow would be pretty windy. Would appreciate all of your comments, tips, etc. for 16006 on the Divina.

When sailing YC on the Fantasia or Splendida I always try to book 15001 or 15002 which are square cabins with huge balconies in the bow, just by the entry doors to the Top Sail Lounge. We've had one on two Fantasia cruises last year and were very pleased. Luckily our TA was able to get us 15002 for our next Fantasia cruise in March 2019. The balcony affords visibility both laterally and to the front of the ship.

With 5 weeks to go, our booking is still showing 15032 as our cabin on Splendida. Personally, 15001/02 would not appeal - too far forward. Moot point, anyway, as only 15031/32 were available when we booked. I couldn't believe our luck at the time. As we're travelling East, I'm hoping for plenty of sunshine on our balcony. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone please HELP with room choice. I am being offered the 15028(square room) on Divina.....currently in 15015(rectangle room). Which is best? What is missing from the square room vs long room(I have seen videos of the rectangle room) cant find any on the square rooms. Is there something deleted?( bath vs shower). I need to decide today.....PLEASE help me with a response with what you know.

Thanks

See post #12 on this thread for a video of the "square" cabin. They are very desirable due to the extra width giving more sense of space.

We were delighted to see on our tickets that we have managed to keep the cabin we booked.

Pleased for you Bea

See below for Divina 16033 highly recommended [emoji3]

Thanks, Mark! :) Really looking forward to enjoying our square YC cabin. We had a similar-sized one on Meraviglia - it was wonderful. It seems, though, that, on Splendida, MSC has removed the lovely big mirrors opposite the bed and hung some kind of tapestries, instead. Apparently one of the 'enhancements' for her season in Asia. :( At least that was CruisingFox's experience in her cabin; I'm assuming they've done the same in all cabins.

I’m sure you will love the layout it really is good. We loved it. Although it was 4 weeks after an NCL inside for 4 🤦*♂️

I’m gutted about that mirror going but Jane said she’s delighted [emoji12]🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would make more of an impact on the regular cabins as the mirror 'doubled' the space between the bed and the wall. It won't seem so bad in the square cabin. However, I'm not keen on the idea of not having a floor-length mirror for dressing. :( First World problems, eh? :rolleyes: :D

Your right Bea. Jane has a photo although she says don’t look too closely if you’re about to eat!

Gives an idea of the massive space between the mirror and bed [emoji3]

HaHa ... I wasn't sure what I was going to see in that photo! :o

HaHa ... I wasn't sure what I was going to see in that photo! :o

Haha oh that made me laugh. The other thing Jane reminded me about was the walk in wardrobe which was massive compared to the other rooms and also the balcony was getting on for almost double the width

That's the one thing I couldn't figure out about the 'square' cabin (must have another look at Norwegian Cruiser's videos LOL) - the wardrobe and its location. The regular cabins are longer, which allow for the walk-in to be side by side with the bathroom. (I can't remember what it was like on Meraviglia - will have to go thru' the photos).

Haha under the bed 🤣🤣

Do you think you’re photos will be like our Bellissima YC 14019?

Too funny, altogether, Mark. :')

I would imagine that the cabins will be similar, alright. I'll post a photo of the bathroom in another post (I have to do it from my phone).

That is great. I love showers like that much better than trying to shower in a bath!

Much appreciated Bea I will have a look through the photos we have on the computer at the weekend and see if there’s any more. Are you in the end square one or next to that?

We're in the one next to it.

I, too, prefer the shower. It was really spacious.

The one thing I'm not looking forward to is showering in the bath - dodgy knees, me. I was thinking I might use the showers in the Spa sometimes.

Thanks Bea she said thank you. Also the bath side is pretty low. Hopefully you will be ok. Funny how we are so similar on Splendida in the deck 10 balcony cabin we used the spa changing rooms all the time as it was next to the indoor pool and hot tubs we loved. 3 massive showers in each.

Great news about not the end one the balcony is bigger in your one due to the metal divider being set back. Also our new friends and neighbors from France said “le mistral” and held their hands over their ears! I took it to mean they could hear the wind. We couldn’t. ahh but that was 16 your 15 I think