Trying to understand the dining on Seaside

grouchomarx

Hi, New to MSC and researching into Seaside for next year. Finding myself a bit confused by the cabin "experiences" (Bella, Fantastica, etc). For all categories except the lowest, it lists "more dining flexibility" or "complete dining flexibility" as a benefit. What does that mean? Do they not have the usual anytime dining where you can just go when you like with or without a reservation, like all the other cruise lines, or are you paying extra for that? Must I book Aurea for that? We would never do set dining so I'm trying to figure out if I would need to choose the more expensive option to get what we want. I assume this does not refer to specialty dining? I am used to Princess, NCL, Royal, where you just do whatever you want. I have no clue about MSC but that Seaside ship sure looks fantastic. However, not sure I could deal with crazy dining antics. I have seen MSC featured on Dream cruises a few times, it looks very nice, but if it's too weird, I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for any advice.

Per the MSC Website;

Bella is assigned dining between either an early or late seating. It looks like they assign you a time between two 2 hour windows. This is not flexible dining.

Fantastica looks like the same option, you choose early or late and they give you an arrival time for the duration of the trip for the MDR, however balconies and above on Opera, Armonia or Sinfonia can do a felxible "My Choice" dining. Does not seem to apply on Seaside.

Wellness Experience can choose beteween assigned or My Choice on Seaside, make your choice at booking.

Aurea includes My Choice Dining.

My advice would be to book either a Wellness or Aurea cabin, and you will have the flexibility you are looking for.

All of the above is based on my cursory reading of the MSC website, if incorrect please correct this post.