Lido Buffet area -how late do they stay open?

lasekeye

I am diabetic also, and one trick I have tried while on cruises is to pick up a couple of the mini boxes of cereal that are on the buffet at breakfast time. I keep them in the cabin for times when my blood sugar drops, and I also take a couple boxes ashore with me on excursions, in case I can't get a meal on time to keep my sugars on track. There are five or six varieties like corn flakes, cheerios, fruit loops, etc.

I wish it was open longer for lunch and dinner. 9pm closing for buffet sucks sometimes when ur watching a movie and try to eat afterwards. Lunch is the same - when ur at port and you come in a few minutes late - it sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish it was open longer for lunch and dinner. 9pm closing for buffet sucks sometimes when ur watching a movie and try to eat afterwards. Lunch is the same - when ur at port and you come in a few minutes late - it sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Deli, pizza and room service are available. Why do you not eat in port? Local restaurants (those not catering to American tourists) are usually very inexpensive.

You won't be able to bring bottles of juice onboard. It would have to be in cans or cartons.

You can get OJ from room service, order several.. keep them in the room fridge. Also, you can get a free plate of cookies from room service.. good to have for emerg too.. and keep them in your room. Lido buffet is usually closed between meal times.. your best bet is to get an assortment of things from room service the day prior, and keep them around.

I am diabetic also, and one trick I have tried while on cruises is to pick up a couple of the mini boxes of cereal that are on the buffet at breakfast time. I keep them in the cabin for times when my blood sugar drops, and I also take a couple boxes ashore with me on excursions, in case I can't get a meal on time to keep my sugars on track. There are five or six varieties like corn flakes, cheerios, fruit loops, etc.

They no longer offer cereal in boxes since the lets take home 30+ boxes to feed the kiddies for a month incident. I believe they now offer cereal in the big plastic drop down containers, you fill your bowl and shut it off. There is so many other choices and services no need to worry about it. Just keep tabs with you and there will always be food available.