Coral Princes Just back 11/24 -12/4 Ask Away

sherman931

Hi:

Just returned from 10 day Panama Canal Cruise (11/24-12/5). I will be doing a detailed review over the next several. While I work on it, those of you who have questions, I will try to incorproate answers into the review. I will also try to respond to "urgent requests" ASAP. I plan to post the review by Weds or Thursday....maybe sooner if possible. I plan on doing it in Word and then just pasting it into a new thread. Won't be able to answer any questions about tours as that is not my thing. THE CRUISE and SHIP WERE GREAT AND I DON"T HAVE MUCH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

We have a small CC group hoping to meet each other when we sail in January. Any suggestions for a good place to meet? I presume the morning of the 1st full day would be best. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I just returned from a Panama Canal cruise on the Wind Star sailing ship. I saw you (well, not you personally, but the ship) anchored in Gatun Lake. I took a couple of pictures of the Coral as we cruised by. Very pretty ship. Is she the sister of the Island? I'll be on the Island in February.

Jackie

When you say "tours are not your thing" -- did you stay on the ship in the Canal? That's what I'm planning to do, but would like to know if it's possible, i.e., does Princess allow you to, & is it reasonably safe to visit the market at the pier in Colon/Cristobal -- I think that's where those who take tours rejoin the ship. Unfortunately the posts in Ports of Call seem to focus most on "selling" this or that private tour. thanks.

just returned from a Panama Canal cruise on the Wind Star sailing ship. I saw you (well, not you personally, but the ship) anchored in Gatun Lake. I took a couple of pictures of the Coral as we cruised by. Very pretty ship. Is she the sister of the Island? I'll be on the Island in February.

Yes, she is sister to the Island. They are beautiful ships.

When you say "tours are not your thing" -- did you stay on the ship in the Canal? That's what I'm planning to do, but would like to know if it's possible, i.e., does Princess allow you to, & is it reasonably safe to visit the market at the pier in Colon/Cristobal -- I think that's where those who take tours rejoin the ship. Unfortunately the posts in Ports of Call seem to focus most on "selling" this or that private tour. thanks.

Yes, the Coral will make her way back to the pier and you can disembark to shop. The native crafts made by the Embera Indians are lovely. Look for their baskets and molas. There is a great bar out the far end of the shopping complex with seating outside. It's a great spot to try a local beer (Panama) and watch the ships coming and going to the locks.

Cruisediva.. Any word on Generoso ??? Hear from Godwin lately?

We are awaiting a return email from Godwin - he's a little email challenged. ;) Last we heard Generoso was due back around the first of the year. As soon as I know something for sure I'll write you. :)

We are awaiting a return email from Godwin - he's a little email challenged. ;) Last we heard Generoso was due back around the first of the year. As soon as I know something for sure I'll write you. :)

You are a sweetie... Thanks.. :D:D:D

Cruise Diva/Largin:

Godwin took good care of us in the Bordeaux Dining Room. We enjoy our wine and each evening we would share a glass of what we brought on board with Godwin. Very pleasant fellow and if you have an email address for him would you share it with me (email is rjmatonte@aol.com)

Bob,

Isn't he great? I'll be happy to send you that address - I'll do it tonight when I get home.:)

Archived