When is the Pinnacle Grill dinner????

moorerf

I'm sorry if I answered incorrectly, but we have always received a free Pinnacle Grill meal every time that we have stayed in a Neptune Suite or Pinnacle Suite. Perhaps it was a perk from booking with our Travel Agent. If so, then I am sorry.

Sounds like your TA provided it. You might ask them, so you know who to thank for it.

Yes -- it happened to us on the Eurodam in 2015. HAL had so many promotions going on that the Pinnacle Grill had to open at 5 PM to try and take care of everyone.

We always try to book a PS and did have one on this cruise(s) -- Collectors Cruise.

Our 5 star Mariner (2 free Pinnacle dinners) and Explore4 package were all honored. But many other people were given a shipboard credit or offered a Canaletto dinner. Quite a few people were very mad.

Thanks.

I am not mad, but I wanted to try Pinnacle Grill since its my first HAL cruise and I have read good reviews on PG.

Someone told me that there is a possibility to make a reservation to PG once onboard, ill try it.

Greetings from Mexico

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks.

I am not mad, but I wanted to try Pinnacle Grill since its my first HAL cruise and I have read good reviews on PG.

Someone told me that there is a possibility to make a reservation to PG once onboard, ill try it.

Greetings from Mexico

You make a booking in Pinnacle grill on-line before you sail, or do it on board. Sometimes some dates can be popular so book ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 months later...

I did not start thread, but have gotten good information here. My daughter and I will be sailing the Noordam (Alaska) in 2019. We have a Neptune Suite. My cruise consultant told me we get a dinner in Pinnacle. She will have gone through dry dock before our cruise as well. This will be our first Holland America cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would be very surprised if the Neptune suite concierge could not get you whatever time you would like.

However,If you know your preference now, it wouldn't hurt to ask your TA to let HAL know of your desires now.

There have been times when they could not get it for us, due to the heavy promotional bookings.

We had the Explore4 promotional dinner on our cruise over New Year's. There was not a card in the cabin upon arrival, so (being steerage dwellers and not having use of the Neptune Concierge) we took the paperwork indicating that we got a free Pinnacle Grill dinner and went to the Front Desk and scheduled our dinner at our convenience. No problem on there. We enjoyed dinner, and the restaurant was fairly empty for our meal -- it could be that we were on a cruise with a large group, but we had no problems with scheduling the meal, even days into an 11-day cruise or getting our preferred table (due to the limitations of a couple of a traveling party, we had specific table requirements).

The issues came after the dinner when we were charged the full price for the dinner, not even including our 4**** Mariner Discount. It took several days to get the charge reversed, and several discussions with the front desk and the Pinnacle Grill Manager. Finally we managed to get a full credit, at first the refund was only difference in the full price and the 4**** Mariner Discount, but eventually we got the full price refunded. But it did take having the paperwork that indicated we had the Explore4 package and a Pinnacle Grill dinner was included.

My suggestion is to absolutely take the paperwork that indicates you have the Explore4 package just in case you run into problems. If you are set on a particular time for your dinner, I would book it now online and then take your paperwork to the front desk to get a refund. But I had no trouble getting a table for 6 once on the ship.

We had the explore4 package on the April 7th sailing on nieuw Amsterdam with a card in our stateroom with dinner on Friday the 13th at 6:30. We stopped at the pinnacle grill a couple days earlier and they changed our reservation to Thursday the 12th at 6pm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app